Housing Facilities Maintenance Specialist Sr. #497679
Housing Facilities Maintenance Specialist Sr. #497679FTE:
Cardinal Village OperationsJob Summary/Basic Function:
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Housing Facilities in the Department of Housing and Residence Life, the Housing Facilities Maintenance Specialist Sr. is responsible for assisting in the maintenance, physical and mechanical upkeep of the university residence halls. As part of a housing facilities staff team, the position maintains, services and conducts minor repairs and performs various semi-skilled duties in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, electrical, and locks.
Essential Job Functions:
Perform basic carpentry repairs and painting such as dry wall repair, screen and glass replacement, doors and door hardware replacement, caulking, window blinds and vent installation, furniture, handrails, and flooring repairs.
• Installation of trim include casing, baseboard and crown.
• Install or repair lighting, light fixtures, electrical outlets, machinery, equipment and appliances. Replace batteries and devices.
• Diagnose, repair and perform minor maintenance associated with plumbing leaks, pipe systems and fixtures including repair of faucets, toilets, stoppers, and shower-heads. Inspect and clear drains.
• Locks – Lock change in a resident’s suites (may be after hours).
• Document and maintain service records of work performed through use of a computerized maintenance management system. Submit work reports. Updates supervisor and other department staff regarding repairs and issues.
• Perform preventative maintenance functions and conduct inspections of student rooms to complete necessary maintenance in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assist contractors and vendors with gaining access to student rooms, mechanical rooms and storage closets.
• Assist with ordering and pick up of necessary materials; maintain accurate inventory records. Install new appliances and equipment.
• Assist with housing facilities projects and renovations as needed.
Required to be on-call as needed for emergency repairs.
• Perform other duties in residence halls as assigned.
Minimum Education Required:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• An Associate Degree or completion of a formal technical training program in electrical, plumbing or carpentry is preferred.
Minimum Experience Required:
• 3 years of facility maintenance experience working in the building trade industry
• Basic working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing and electrical systems
• Experience using hand and electrical tools
• Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
• Ability to input notes and other data into computer system
• Ability to work independently and also be a team player
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record
Attention to detail: Ensures work meets and/or exceeds applicable codes and standards. Checks and re-checks work prior to, during, and after completion. Ensures all parts of a project/task are completed. Uses University work order system.
Physical stamina and dexterity; work may be performed both indoors and outdoors, and may require heavy lifting, (50-100 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation), stooping, ladder use, and the operations of power equipment.
• Work Hours: 40 per/week, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
• Will be required to work move-in weekend each year (August)
• Position can be called in after hours for emergencies in the residence halls
Lamar Expectation of Quality:
Employee will support the mission of Lamar by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses and solutions to customer requests.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement:
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary:
06/02/2021Open Until Filled: