Posting Number: :
0001036Job Title: :
Director, Marketing and Public Affairs (REPOST)PS Position#: :
00000926Position Status: :
Starting salary range of $86,000 - $94,600 is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, D62. Initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.Classification: :
Marketing & Public AffairsJob Summary/Basic Function: :
The Director of Marketing and Public Affairs will provide leadership in planning and implementing a college-wide strategic marketing and recruitment program to promote the college to its various stakeholders, including current and prospective students, community organizations, and the general public.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee Marking and Public Affairs department which includes the functional areas of public relations, marketing, publications, videography, and website. Manage the College’s advertising, publications, web, communications, graphic design, promotional events, and public relations.
- Develop annual advertising, marketing, and promotional strategies designed to maintain enrollment, ensure student access and persistence, and highlight and advance the programs and services of the College.
- Work with the Public Relations Manager to develop and execute an aggressive and effective local, regional, and national public relations strategy for the college, and develop positive relationships with media representatives.
- Manage and administer department budget in cost effective manner that supports the Marketing and Public Affairs program.
- Produce high quality, professional, timely, and accurate publications, to include brochures, a service area newsletter, and annual reports.
- Provide leadership in the development of an integrated marketing communications plan that promotes enrollment and publicizes student and faculty successes.
- Use social media to market Lee College programs and to communicate information to current and prospective students and the Lee College service area communities.
- Develop and be ready to implement communication to students, media, and community during an emergency or crisis.
- Prepare and coordinate the flow of public information, marketing, recruiting, advertising, and publications projects; set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of an active internal communications program for employees and students.
- Provide marketing and communication leadership for the support of college initiatives that partner with colleges, businesses and industries, and governmental agencies regionally or nationally.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications: :
Preferred Qualifications: :
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree
- Five (5) years of related work experience and two (2) years of experience at a supervisory level
- Experience leading creative and innovation projects to enhance image and success
- Demonstrated expertise in project planning, development, and implementation
- Knowledge and experience in the use of social media
- Thorough understanding of the role of web communications and interactive marketing in the recruitment process
- Work effectively with a diverse and multi-cultural student body and staff
- Must demonstrate excellent communication, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Master’s (or higher) degree in a related field
- Experience working in a higher education setting
- Experience with digital marketing and media buying
Main Campus - Baytown, TXPosting Date::
04/06/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.