Deputy Director SFS
Posting Date: June 4, 2021 Posting End Date:August 4, 2021
Position: Deputy Director SFS Department: Financial Aid Office
Status: FULL-TIME (EXEMPT)
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way”, the ideal Deputy Director will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Tuskegee University seeks an experienced leader to serve as one of the institution's strategic experts of financial aid programs, service delivery, financial leveraging/modeling, and collaborative strategy of financial assistance. This leader will join a committed team to serve as the creator of the next chapter of financial aid at Tuskegee University.
- The Deputy Director of Student Financial Services provides high-level oversight, supervision, and guidance to manage programs, systems, and fiscal management activities following all applicable federal, state, private, and institutional regulations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a high-volume and ever changing environment. Effective use of computers and related software and positive customer service orientation.
- This position requires competency in Financial Aid administration, i.e., Title N; Student information system (Colleague preferred) assists the office in implementing the batch awarding program and implementing the Colleague Self Service module.
- Review all of the various components of Colleague and determine if other functions exist that would improve the delivery of the financial aid process.
- The Deputy Director of Student Financial Services is responsible for the day-to-day operations associated with financial aid packaging and processing, prospective and current student awards. Serves primary point of contact with state, federal, and internal auditors to comply with regulations.
- Conducts internal audit assessments to ensure the accuracy of processes, maintains fund management reports, and provides projections for simulating and awarding models.
- Develop and analyzes data for the development of need-based scholarships. Responsible for updating the Colleague rules for practical processing student financial aid functions.
- Implement the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) module in the system.
- The position requires the applicant to be able to multi-task daily.
- The candidate must have 6+years of experience working in a financial aid office and 1+years of management leadership experience.
- The Deputy Director of Student Financial Services serves as a vital member of the leadership team of the Student Financial Aid office.
- Interprets regulations to monitor and maintain compliance.
- Evaluates and develops policies and procedures and serves as a resource to the campus community and external agencies regarding all aspects of financial aid-the Deputy Director of Student Financial Services as second in command for the office.
- The ideal leader is active in professional associations directly correlated with the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators and Regional Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators.
- Bachelor's degree is required, but a Master's degree and leadership experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Extensive financial aid administration and supervisory experience.
This job description is not all inclusive as it related to the prescribed functions, duties, skills, knowledge and experience to do the job. Incumbent may be required to attend training, and perform other duties as assigned
Commensurate with education, training and experience
Additional Position Information:
- This position require weekend and after work hours’ job responsibilities.
- This position require you to travel.
Applications are available at the following link:
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints. Application packets with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
Human Resources Department
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of
employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.