Assistant/Associate Professor Accounting/Finance
Posting Date: June 3, 2021 Posting End Date: August 3, 2021
Position: Assistant/Associate Professor Accounting/Finance Department: Accounting, Economics, and Finance
Status: Full Time (Exempt)
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way”, the ideal Assistant/Associate Professor Accounting/Finance will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Teaching, advising and mentoring students
- Grant writing
- Conducting research in Finance
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the department chair
- Master’s Degree in Accounting/Finance with 18 credit hours in Accounting/Finance; from an accredited AACSB Institution.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are Certified Public Accountants with 5 years teaching experience, and those who can enhance the curricula using state of the art software and who can assist in further developing Information Technology Programs in Accounting /Finance and who can deliver experiential-based learning and persons who can teach Data Analysis.
Commensurate with education, training and experience
Additional Position Information:
- The positions does require the faculty to attend the events, such as convocations, open houses, etc. as required by the faculty handbook.
- Faculty may need to travel to conference, professional development workshop, and other university related travels as needed.
Applications are available at the following link:
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) letters of reccommendation (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints. Application packets with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
Human Resources Department
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of
employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.