Assistant Director, Student Involvement
Assistant Director, Student Involvement
Under general direction of the Associate Director, this position will develop and facilitate student involvement opportunities with a focus on Associated Students of the University of the Pacific (ASuop) Student Government and Student Organizations operations and leadership development programs. The Assistant Director will provide administrative and programmatic support to the Student Activities Center. This position will manage registered student organizations (RSOs), Student Activities Center Office and development, delivery, assessment reporting and ongoing enhancement of Student Leadership Programming. This position will support student government by supervising elected senators ensuring compliance with policies attending and supporting Senate Committees.
The Assistant Director will be responsible for supervising assigned student staff, while ensuring the developmental needs of students are addressed through programs and advising.
1. Manages the Registered Student Organization (RSO) registration process for the Stockton campus, ensuring RSOs meet all requirements, complete assigned trainings and paperwork and comply with university policy and procedure.
2. Reviews and approves all RSO events, ensuring events follow established University policies, procedures and practices. Identifies possible institutional risk for hosted special events. Conducts risk assessment and provides recommendations to minimize risk for all student organization events.
3. Supervises, hires, trains, mentors and evaluates the performance of student Involvement Consultants who support students to become engaged in Campus programs, events and RSO’s.
4. Creates, develops, evaluates, assesses and manages all communication and training for RSO leaders and Advisors. Including following industry best practices and increasing engagement through RSO engagement platform (Presence/Tiger Link).
5. Working collaboratively and as directed by the Associate Director, Student Involvement develops and provides training and development opportunities including but not limited to student leader position training, organizational sustainability training, risk management, event planning and financial responsibility to RSO student leaders, RSO Advisors and Student Senators.
6. Serves as the professional staff advisor to the ASuop Senate attending and ensuring compliance with policies in Senate Committees: Finance Board, Elections Committee, Ethics Committee, Senate Selection, and Ad-Hoc Committees.
7. Supervises elected student senators and appointed student leaders of student senate of ASuop Student Government.
8. Coordinates ASuop Student Government elections in accordance with the ASuop Election code in the ASuop Bylaws, including supervision of the appointed ASuop Elections Coordinator, creating and dissemination of marketing, and management of candidates.
9. Manage the operations of ASuop Student Government, including budget management, technology, and office operations.
10. Makes recommendations for future events, in collaboration with the Scheduling and Student Events Specialist and the Associate Director.
11. Responsible for planning, developing, and evaluating programs, and related student engagement activities - including establishing timelines and communications to equitable support all RSOs while meeting institutional timelines and expectations.
12. Supports leadership development programs for fraternity and sorority organizations and student leaders, supporting the Associate Director with the development and delivery of the program.
13. Manages new hire and payroll processes for elected and appointed student government leaders in conjunction with Business Manager, serving as supervisor, including review and approval of timesheets and management of payroll.
14. Manages on-campus RSO accounts, in collaboration with the Business Manager.
15. Advise student leaders, as assigned by the Associate Director, Student Involvement, including attending events, meetings and programs, as time permits.
16. Contributes to the development of department and student-fee based budgets, to coincide with office, department, and division strategic objectives, mission and University priorities.
17. Contribute to the assessment of programs and events organized by ASuop and RSO’s through the development to student learning outcomes, entering results into Taskstream and preparing monthly reports for Associate Director and as requested.
18. Interpret and provide guidance on relevant University, council, inter/national organization and umbrella organization policies as necessary.
19. Support other professional staff, programs, and events within the Office of Student Leadership & Involvement as needed, and/or requested.
20. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
This position serves as Campus Security Authority (CSA) as outlined by the Clery Act. CSAs have federally mandated responsibilities to report crimes that are reported them.
• Bachelor’s degree in student services, social science, higher education, or related discipline.
• Experience in fraternity and sorority affairs, student activities/involvement, or similar student affairs area.
• One (1) year of full-time experience in student activities/involvement, or similar student affairs area.
• Master’s degree in student affairs administration, counseling, higher education administration, or related discipline.
• Two (2) or more years of full-time experience in student activities/involvement, or similar student affairs area (Experience as a graduate assistant may be counted as one (1) year of experience).
• Ability to adapt to change, balance multiple projects, work independently and as a team.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
• Experience delivering trainings and presenting in front of large audiences.
• Experience assessing programs, trainings, and tracking student progress.
• Word processing and spreadsheet application skills.
• Experience in working with databases.
• Excellent data entry and keyboarding skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• The ability to work independently without direct supervision.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with frequent use of phone, computer, and other communication devices. Work performed during standard business hours. This position will regularly work evening and occasional weekend hours.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/19202
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency