St. Edward's University
Career Coach ( 2 Positions)
Office of Career and Professional Development
The Office of Career and Professional Development at St. Edward's University is hiring for two full-time, twelve-month positions reporting to the Director of Career and Professional Development. The Career Coach is responsible for administering and supporting career programs and services, building relationships with stakeholders (students, alumni, faculty, and external partners), and implementing student programming initiatives in collaboration with the Programming & Events Coordinator. Primary services provided by the Career Coach include individual career coaching/advising to students and alumni of the university; identifying and promoting internship, part-time and full-time employment opportunities; and providing career related education through workshops, classroom presentations, and instructional guides. Each Career Coach will be assigned to a specific School, while maintaining responsibility for a student cohort and serving as liaison to the faculty and other School stakeholders. In order to support active involvement within the larger St. Edward's community, staff are also encouraged to take on additional responsibilities outside of the office that support the academic mission of the institution.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Perform individual career advising and coaching, especially with students in assigned School on: career and values exploration, job search, career/major decision-making and goal-setting, internships and experiential opportunities, and graduate school application/admission.
- Collaborate with Programming & Events Coordinator and stakeholders in assigned School to develop, implement, and assess programming efforts for students and alumni in assigned School.
- Administer career assessments, provide interpretation of test results, and advise students on professional development.
- Provide support and critiques to students and alumni with resume/cover letter writing, professional networking, and interviewing strategies.
- Develop and deliver effective career-related workshops, seminars, and career planning/internship courses, in person and online.
- Remain current on job market trends and career opportunities for students and alumni of the university.
- Assist with development of career/professional development-based written and web-based resources including handouts, online instructional guides, and articles for assigned School.
- Actively develop and strengthen relationships and partnerships, working closely with Department Chairs, faculty, and staff in role as office liaison to assigned School.
- Develop strategy and tactics rooted in best practices for assigned School.
- Schedule and document career advising sessions in internal systems.
- Assist in assessing usage and effectiveness of office programs and services through measurable data collection.
- Assist with planning, development, and marketing of office-sponsored fairs and events.
- Refer students to and collaborate with other St. Edward's support services professionals and faculty.
- Occasional weekend and evening work will be required.
- Perform other duties as required
For consideration, a Bachelor's required; Master's degree in counseling, higher education, human resources or related field preferred. At least two years, preferred three years of related experience in career advising/academic advising/other relevant student support services, marketing, sales, and/or recruiting in industry, government, education, or the private sector. Possess strong presentation, negotiation/sales, and written/oral communication skills. Ability to use standard office software, including spreadsheet and database applications to generate analytical reports. Preferred understanding and familiarity with multiple areas of professional development pertaining to the job search, application, and interview process. General familiarity with job search techniques, such as creative job search strategies, interviewing skills, and resume preparation. Understanding of international student population needs and legal issues pertaining to their curricular and optional practical training (OPT and CPT) restrictions. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse students, faculty, and employers. Ability to function effectively as a member of a cohesive team. Ability to comply with workplace guidelines and attendance requirements. Must possess an unencumbered driver's license and the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.Ability to contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds in accordance with the Holy Cross. Must possess the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)
Sun Life Financial Dental Plan
Sun Life Financial Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau webpage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency