Job ID: 227944
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
9920201 - Structural Maintenance
Supervise carpentry work for buildings across campus. Build, finish, inspect, repair, install, modify, rebuild, construct and maintain. Oversee completion of general and major carpentry work for multiple departments. Initiate, develop and complete preventative maintenance schedules to ensure building structures are maintained at a constant state of readiness.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Conduct safety meetings for carpentry/maintenance personnel and take action on identified safety matters.
- Ensure carpentry and maintenance personnel follow all safety and risk management policies in performance of work
- Organize interviews, training, and provide leadership for newly hired carpenters and maintenance personnel
- Meet with customers to assist in planning projects and provides current status on work-in-progress
- Supervise carpentry and maintenance personnel with daily task and work order needs
- Prepare daily log sheets
- Conduct accounting for full work schedule
- Receive and document all work tasks and work orders via electronic means
- Direct carpentry and maintenance conducted with complex machinery, powered equipment and sophisticated carpentry systems/tools
- Ensure compliance with safety codes
- Ensure inspection, maintenance and construction of fire sealant penetration requirements in floors, walls and ceilings for prevention of fire and smoke passage/movement
- Work closely with EHS on moisture and mold remediation
- Understand flexibility required in work schedules and seasonal demands
- Review and approve leave requests for carpentry and maintenance shops
- Conduct performance evaluations and coaching of carpentry and maintenance employees
- May also install cabinets, siding, framing, trim, and drywall
- Oversee Framing and install doors, windows, walls, structural stabilization, moisture remediation and mitigation, roofing, roofing sub-structures, concrete preparation and finishing, furniture fabrication (both metal and wood)
- Oversee Installation of interior ceiling grids, ceiling tiles, and flooring (i.e., carpet, ceramic tile and cove base systems), insulation applications (both foam and condensed fiber) and sheetrock installations/texturing and finishing
- Oversee installation of components to buildings, such as handrails, ramps, strobes, footings, gutters, gutter guards and vehicle directional signage, barricades and signage
- Oversee and manage the Carpentry and maintenance shops for preventative maintenance and general repairs to plumbing, electrical, hvac and carpentry needs
- Approve time in Oneusg for all employees that report to this position in the carpentry and maintenance shops
- Oversee and supervise maintenance needs during OMI and summer sweeps
- Monitor TMA and make sure work orders are being addressed in a timely fashion for both Carpentry and Maintenance shops
- Install pedestal anchoring for all exterior signage, including the initiation and oversight of all dig permits with State of Georgia and local utility departments
- Coordinate shop estimates of materials and supplies needed by filling out requisition form and orders all necessary materials (through departmental buyer) for each assigned project
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) years of related work experiences utilizing power tools and hand tools in a commercial or contracted construction setting
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience
$40,200 - $50,300
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to plan, prioritize, assign, train, develop and review work projects
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to analyze while multi-tasking
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Knowledge of building codes
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Attentive to detail
- Excellent listening and critical thinking skills
- Perform testing of components
- Provide technical advice to non-technical and technical audiences
Apply Before Date
July 2, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- Maintain a valid driver's license
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Exposure to dust and debris is routine
- Operation of hand tools, power tools and heavy equipment required
- Work may be performed from ground level or on ladders/scaffolding
- Required to walk, climb, balance, stretch, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch and stand throughout the day
- Must be able to stretch and work from above shoulders and overhead
- Willing to work within confined spaces
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Routinely work from lifts and ladders to reach desired work areas
- Work is conducted indoors and outdoors
- Required to work beyond 40 hour workweek into holidays on weekends to accomplish construction and carpentry work during periods when buildings not occupied
- Routinely exposed to outdoor elements
- Ability to drive University vehicles
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=227944&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency