Assistant Coach, Soccer/Recruiting Coordinator
Job Title: Assistant Coach, Soccer/Recruiting Coordinator
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 605445
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU’s culture of excellence.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
This assistant soccer coach position promote a safe and healthy environment of learning and growth on and off the field. Coordinate all recruiting activities, assist with coaching aspects and assist head coach in other needs. Mentor and guide student assets throughout their career from recruitment through graduation. This position will take ownership and responsibility to design, implement, execute and evolve the areas below:
- Oversees the planning, budgeting, scheduling and execution of all areas of recruiting including but not limited to identification, evaluation, organization, communication, visits etc.
- Maintains NCAA compliance and increased knowledge of all recruiting bylaws
- Assists in coordination of all strategic aspects of training, including planning and implementation of playing objectives, principles, and video analysis of players, including but not limited to:
- Defender strategy and tactics
- Individual player development of technical skill and concepts
- Group film sessions
- Oversees scouting of opponents
- Oversees all camp duties
- Oversees equipment and gear inventory, ordering and upkeep
- Assists as directed with the oversight of athletic training, strength, and conditioning workouts; provides technical support and training to athletes, as appropriate
- Maintains organization and communication of office duties including but not limited to: emails, facility reservations and administrational needs
- Assists with Day-to-Day Operations
- Facility and equipment set up and upkeep
- Field set up for events including training, practice, and game
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- NSCA D Coaching License or Above
- 3+ Year of Division 1 coaching experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to recruit on a National and Regional level.
- Ability to create and use video editing software.
- Ability to run field sessions for defenders.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division I rules.
- Demonstrated competitive coaching skills in Soccer.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Moderate physical activity.
- Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than 4 hours per day.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
If you are applying for a job that requires a CDL, you will be required to register with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and adhere to the clearinghouse requirements.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus and NAU-Fort Defiance as these campuses have on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities.
If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Commensurate with experience.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Service Professional (SPF) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System or the Optional Retirement Program; 22 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website.
NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Service Professionals are hired on a contract basis, renewable each 6 months according to terms of the Conditions of Professional Service.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. If a new employee chooses the ASRS retirement option, participation in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, will begin on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date. New employees who choose to participate in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), which is an alternative to the ASRS plan for faculty and other appointed staff, will begin to participate on the first day of employment. Additionally, the long-term disability plan that accompanies the ORP will begin on the first day of employment.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days. If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
June 17, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.