ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Assistant Director of Communications. The Assistant Director of Communications is responsible for the coordination and implementation of the college’s digital public relations and communications materials, including oversight and management of web content, social media, and media relations. This position supports the college’s overall strategic recruitment and retention goals and branding efforts with an emphasis on the development, organization, navigation, and tracking of the college’s website as an effective integrated marketing communications and information tool. The Assistant Director of Communications will help with the execution of all aspects of SUNY Sullivan’s communications strategy, working directly with the Dean of Communications and Admissions.
The position reports to the Dean of Communications and Admissions.
This is a Management Confidential position.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related work experience in public relations, marketing, journalism, or communications work.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills as necessary for working with a diverse faculty and staff from a wide variety of disciplines.
- Experience overseeing website organization and navigation; updating website content; familiarity with WordPress, HTML, and content management systems including Beaver Builder is desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience in conducting press relations.
- Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
- MS Office, Photoshop, Excel, Word and PowerPoint knowledge also required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and use sound professional judgment is essential.
- Experience working in higher education is extremely desirable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as Webmaster for the college, overseeing content management, and ensuring the college’s website provides accurate and timely information, is easy to navigate, and has a professional look and feel.
- Writes and edits website content. Plans structural site redesigns, enhancements and updates.
- Ensures that all areas of the website support the college’s brand and identity standards.
- Collaborates with various departments and divisions within the college to assist in the development of their presence on the website, ensuring a uniform image.
- Contribute content highlighting SUNY Sullivan’s academic and extracurricular programs, student life, and community engagement activities. Report on campus events, including interviews, feature articles, and social media coverage.
- Conduct media relations and draft press releases.
- Coordinate social media strategy, manage college’s primary accounts, and advise other campus social media users, monitoring for conversations, activities, and trends.
- Support and attend campus events as needed.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; the review of resumes will begin June 24, 2021. The hiring range for this position is $55,000 to $60,000. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, resume, and the contact information for 3 professional references.
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
American with Disability Act Requirements: External and Internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, must be able to perform the essential position responsibilities as listed in this position description either aided or unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the college on a case by case basis.
SUNY Sullivan is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform other job-related instructions given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.