Assistant Athletics Director, Marketing & Fan Engagement
Reporting to the Senior Associate AD/External Operations, the Assistant Athletics Director for Marketing & Fan Engagement will assist in the establishment and maintenance of all Athletics marketing initiatives. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: manage game-day operations including game-day scripts for Football and Men’s Basketball; provide assistance with developing promotional and new revenue campaigns; facilitate on-campus advertising; responsible for fan development initiatives; work with student groups to increase attendance at games; assist in the planning of special events; coordinate in-game sponsor promotion/fulfillment with Learfield; facilitate production and/or mailing of promotional items; create graphics for video boards and/or promotional flyers; and assist in management of respective marketing budgets. The position will also provide support in matters related to the Temple Spirit Squad, as well as community relations. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field. A minimum of three (3) years’ full-time experience working in marketing, promotions and/or fan engagement at the collegiate level. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.Required Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
* Ability to identifying a wide variety of sports trends and scenes on the regional and national levels.
* Ability to manage multiple collaborative projects and systems in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and a commitment to customer service.
* Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
* Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
* Experience working with diverse populations.
* Strong integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference and University rules.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.Preferred:
* Master's degreeThis position requires a motor vehicle background check.This position is temporarily assigned a hybrid work arrangement (on-campus and remote), the duration of this hybrid work arrangement is at the discretion of Temple University and the Department.Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-reportYou may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Primary Location: Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-STAR Aramark Building 1816 N. 15th Street
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular