Facilities Manager (Facilities Operations Department - Stratford)
Job no: 495314
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Stratford, New Jersey
Categories: Facilities - Maintenance, Managerial
Under the supervision of the Director of Facilities for Medical School Operations, collaborates and coordinates day to day operational activities for Facilities Operations department. Plans, organizes and coordinates the functions relating to Facilities Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates the daily operations of the Facilities Department.
- Conducts interviews for Facilities new hires, provides resources for employee training, complete employee evaluations.
- Coordinates project budget allocations. Manage, prepares and submits interdepartmental charge backs transfer reports on a monthly basis to the Director of Facilities and the Finance Department.
- Coordinate and monitor the Facilities departmental operating budget allocations.
- Oversee six FTE’s, which include one Supervisor of Maintenance and Construction.
- Oversees in house priorities, scheduling of minor construction/renovation and maintenance work request for the campus and provides construction/renovation inspections.
- Serves as campus Emergency Management Representative, including inclement weather emergencies. This position has been deemed “Essential”, requiring the staff member to be on-site when needed.
- Coordinates an effective preventative maintenance program for facility operations and equipment for assigned locations.
- Monitors campus compliance with regulatory agencies regarding building and safety code requirements.
- Evaluates employees for their probationary period and annual evaluations in a timely manner. Take disciplinary action when necessary in accordance to Rowan University policies.
- Conducts administration and direction of the safety program of Facilities which includes EOHSS and the university wide safety program.
- Supports the University goal on AA/EEO objectives concerning employment and promotional opportunities.
- Keep abreast of all federal, state and Rowan University regulations, laws and policies as they presently exist and as they change.
- Ensures that the Facilities staff is trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
- Operates in a lead role when the Director of Facilities is absent to ensure completion of shift work and projects on the SOM Campus.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Acts as a role model for customer service and improved quality.
- Understands and adheres to Rowan University compliance standards as they appear in Rowan’s Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest.
- Interacts with persons of all ages in a diverse, multicultural environment with respect and consideration.
- FEMA ICS 100 Certification (Incident Command System for Higher Education) is required within 6 months of hire.
- Manages Special Projects.
- Responsible for shared on call duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Five years’ experience in Facilities Operations within higher education or healthcare, plus three (3) years of experience in management or administration within higher education or healthcare required. Outstanding human relations and leadership skills are also required. Demonstrate knowledge of how to accomplish superior performance in a unionized environment is necessary. A valid Driver’s License is required. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft applications. Prior lead/supervisory experience is required. AutoCad experience is preferred.
SALARY: Minimum is $69,652
NOTE: Only completed, online applications submitted on or before the deadline will be considered.
Advertised: Jun 2 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 15 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time