Department Coordinator, Art and Art History
Macalester College seeks to hire a full-time (.80FTE) Department Coordinator to support the Art and Art History Department. This position provides administrative and logistical support/assistance to all members of the department. In this role you will serve as the face of the department and provide up-to-date information about the department’s offerings and programs to individuals and groups both on and off campus. Additionally, you will be tasked with coordinating office procedures, ensuring organizational effectiveness, and fostering a clean and welcoming environment. It is vital that this individual fosters and promotes Macalester's culture of diversity and inclusion, encompassing individuals of any heritage, identity, status or orientation.Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to department faculty; assists the Chair of the department with administrative tasks and procedures including faculty and staff searches. Organizes and coordinates department events and meetings.
- Acts as administrative liaison and point of contact for the department; provides oral and written information about department and course offerings to students and others.
- Organizes and maintains department documents and databases. Uses a variety of software tools to manage department operations.
- Hires, trains, schedules, and supervises student employees.
- Oversees and monitors department budgets and manages purchases for a wide variety of studio classrooms. Monitors and ensures accurate assignment of expenses via the College-supported purchasing card process.
- Organizes and manages card access to the art building and studios for faculty, staff, students, and volunteers.
- Helps cultivate an environment of equity and inclusion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An Associates Degree or technical school degree in Office Management or related field required.
- A Bachelor's degree in the Arts or Humanities is preferred.
- 1-3 years minimum of professional experience in an administrative role required. 3-5 years experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with individuals of color, first-generation college students and/or individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and accuracy in financial and data management.
- Ability to multi-task and flexibility to work in a changing and dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the public good and student development.
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Suite.
For best consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume as one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage. Review of applications will begin immediately. All inquiries about this position should be directed to:
Jaclyn Howard Talent Acquisition Manager[email protected]Macalester College - Institutional Overview
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester College has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphasis on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities, women and LGBTQIA+ individuals.
Macalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit Macalester Benefits for more information about what Macalester has to offer its employees.