Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-03
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
1. Adheres to and exemplifies standards of conduct and promotes a cooperative work environment by utilizing communications skills, interpersonal relationships, and team building.
2. Performs departmental administrative functions including assisting in the management, training and evaluation of staff.
3. Assists the Chief with the preparation and execution of the annual audit work plan prepared based on risk assessments conducted with senior administration and other key leaders. Performs continual assessments of the risks facing organizations within scope.
4. Manages and monitors the daily activities of internal audit staff in the completion of the annual audit work plan. Creates or reviews Planning Memos and resulting audit programs to ensure scope is appropriate and objectives are focused. Provides for the testing of internal controls to evaluate their effectiveness. Ensures scheduled and unscheduled reviews are completed timely and the results effectively communicated to affected department management and other interested parties, including senior administration. Monitors the results of the reviews and follow-up reviews to monitor the successful implementation of corrective action plans to address identified issues.
5. Consults, as requested, with the University operational and financial administration on internal control aspects of business practices and policy and procedure development, implementation and monitoring.
6. Provides leadership in addressing University issues that are identified through scheduled audits, investigations, regulatory changes, or internal / external parties. Researches the relevant laws / regulations and assess the identified concern through the collection and interpretation of data. Develops, in coordination with other University leaders, an action plan to address the issue and monitors the resolution. Such issues could include fraud and/or a misappropriation of assets. Ensures that the issue and its resolution are properly communicated to appropriated parties.
7. Communicates findings and review results effectively. May assist the Chief in communicating issues to the University Board, the President’s Audit, Compliance & Risk Advisory Council (ACRAC), associated sub-councils, and senior leaders.
Education / Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, accounting, or related field. A Master’s in Business Administration or a Master’s in Accounting is preferred. Five years of related experience in a university, health system, or external auditing with a focus on internal auditing or accounting, or similar experience in public accounting preferred. Three years supervisory experience preferred.
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is required.
Skills and Qualifications:
Ability to multi-task to manage concurrent audits performed by staff members.
Deep understanding of University and/or Healthcare business practices
Strong leadership ability to train, supervise, evaluate, and motivate staff
Skilled in interpersonal relation and able to interface at all levels
Ability to work with management
Excellent communication, including verbal, written, and listening skills
Strong analytical abilities
Ability to use computer software including CAATS and Office products
Extensive working knowledge of accounting and auditing standards.
Proven ability to act as a leader, team player and facilitate groups.Additional Job Description