Graphic Designer, Office of Marketing & Communications
MarComm aims to strengthen DU's strategic position locally, regionally and nationally through data-driven and authentic storytelling across multiple channels with focused support on the universitys value drivers: academics and research; enrollment and admissions, athletics and advancement. Whether through public or media relations, digital strategies, social media, print, podcast, issues or crisis management, community relations or thought leadership and training, MarComm drives results through narratives that involve words, pictures and design. With true understanding of and connection with our diverse audiences, we aim to foster collaborative problem solving, creativity and innovation.
The individual will work under the supervision of the Art Director and will lend their experience in graphic design and energy towards, print, publications, signage, digital advertising, pamphlets, and logos, typically under tight deadlines. The incumbent must clearly demonstrate the ability to define and analyze complex problems and make sound decisions independently and/or under minimal supervision, as well as the ability to anticipate the needs of the project/department and show proactive leadership in planning to meet specified goals and deadlines. The incumbent will be required to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The incumbent must be able to adapt quickly to changing priorities, and must uphold a commitment to the highest standards of journalism, marketing and public relations. Finally, as an employee of the University of Denver, the incumbent must uphold the highest standards regarding diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Provide graphic design development and support of design projects for the University.
- Work with art director and unit marketing/communications managers, serving campus partners/clients on various branded projects; manage design from beginning to end.
- Generate concepts and design options under the supervision of the Art Director and/or Senior Director of Marketing & Brand Management.
- Other projects as needed and/or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience and/or military training in graphic design, or other related fields.
- Four (4) or more years experience in the graphic arts, with at least two (2) year client relations experience managing art, creative and working with multiple clients with disparate needs simultaneously.
- Demonstrated career success, with supporting design portfolio.
- Proficiency with design software.
- Production management (or experience working with outside vendors).
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on June 23, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 10.
The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $65,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.