Admissions Summer Intern
Admissions Summer InternDepartment:
Level C (Specialist)Job Description:
The Admissions Office seeks current students serve as part time Admissions Summer Interns. The Summer Intern’s primary responsibility is to represent Middlebury College to visiting prospective students and families from the end of May through August 20th. Admissions Summer Interns will conduct tours of the campus as needed. Assist in greeting visitors to campus, answering phone calls, and responding to emails. This is a part-time position that averages 10-15 hours per week.
Admissions Summer Interns are often the only current Middlebury students that our visitors interact with during their summer campus visits. Ideal candidates should be able to relate to visitors who may have interests that differ from theirs and can represent a wide array of experiences at Middlebury. We expect our Summer Interns to be professional, enthusiastic, positive, motivated, personable, and responsible. Admissions Summer Interns must be able to maintain good stamina and stay upbeat throughout this summer position.
• Conduct campus and online tours to prospective students and families.
• Participate in outreach to prospective students and community-based organizations.
• Greet campus visitors and serve as a resource for them during their campus visit
• Respond to emails from prospective students and their families
• Collaborate with other Admissions Summer Interns
• Assist staff with various projects throughout the summer
• Facilitate group Q&A sessions with prospective student both in person and online.
• Answer emails and live chats.
• Work well independently and show initiative to complete necessary work.
• Be prompt and reliable in communications.
• Handle confidential materials with discretion.
• This position will require you to use your personal computer.
Middlebury, VT CampusIs this an academic year or summer position?:
Summer PositionOpen Until Filled:
NoQuicklink for Posting: