Safety Specialist - Research & Evaluation Specialist
Research & Evaluation SpecialistUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Safety Specialist - Research & Evaluation SpecialistLocation:
Tx School Safety CtrRecruitment Type:
Open to AllMonthly Salary:
$4,200.00Job Category :
ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
• Master’s Degree
• Demonstrate prior experience designing and applying social science research methodologies
• Demonstrate prior experience developing data collection instruments for social sciences
• Demonstrate prior experience with Qualtrics or other survey programming software
• Demonstrate prior experience and knowledge of data analysis techniques and use of data analysis software
• Demonstrate prior experience in technical, academic, public policy, and/or grant and legislative report writing
• Demonstrate prior experience managing social science research projects
• Demonstrate prior experience and knowledge of complex sampling techniques
• Demonstrate record of scholarly publication
• Demonstrate prior experience conducting social science research related to educational environments
• Demonstrate knowledge of the Texas Education Code
• Demonstrate prior experience with client relationship management
The Texas School Safety Center (TxSSC) is an official university-level research center at Texas State University. The TxSSC is tasked in Chapter 37 of the Texas Education Code and the Governor’s Homeland Security Strategic Plan with key school safety initiatives and mandates. The TxSSC serves as a clearinghouse for the dissemination of safety and security information through research, training, and technical assistance for K-12 ISDs, open enrollment charter schools, and junior colleges throughout the state of Texas.
The TxSSC is seeking highly qualified candidates for a Research and Evaluation Specialist position to assist the Associate Director of Research and Evaluation in developing and conducting research projects related to school safety, security, and health, as well as the evaluation of internal training program deliverables and outcomes. This position will have the unique opportunity to be part of a collaborative working environment where you assist in the development of social science research methodologies, data collection, data analysis, and dissemination of research information to various stakeholder groups. This position will assist in conducting state and federally funded research projects, developing research grant proposals, and evaluating the Center’s research-based programs and services. All research and evaluation efforts aim to ensure that schools and communities across Texas are safe, secure, and healthy learning environments.Job Duties:
• Conduct extensive and systematic literature reviews on topics related to school safety, security, and health
• Design appropriate methodologies to address topics related to school safety, security, and health
• Develop and implement complex probability and non-probability sampling designs
• Design and administer data collection procedures including surveys, focus group and interview protocols, as well as other appropriate data collection procedures
• Analyze qualitative and quantitative research data
• Develop reports, scholarly articles, and other research related publications
• Support the pursuit of grant funded programs
• Conduct event and yearly assessment of programs and activities
• Disseminate information clearly and concisely in verbal and written form
• Present ideas to individuals or groups to ensure that they understand the information
• Ensure high attention to detail and organization with projects
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Occasional travel for data collection, conferences and/or meetings required.
• You will be required to electronically attach a resume, cover letter, and one example of your technical, academic, and/or public policy writing to the application.Job Open Date:
06/03/2021Open Until Filled:
YesNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.