Adjunct Faculty: Geography - Bunker Hill Community College
Location: Boston, MA Category: Adjunct Faculty Posted On: Wed Aug 15 2018 Job Description:
- Teach Geography and/or World History courses in the Department of History and Social Sciences (see http://bhcc.mass.edu/catalog/ for a listing of courses offered in these areas: notably, World Regional Geography; Modern World History; and World Civilizations to 1500)
- Courses may be offered at any of the BHCC campuses, satellite campuses, or instructional sites
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in Geography, History, Political Science, International Relations, area studies (such as Asian Studies, Latin American Studies, or Gender Studies), or equivalent study and experience in related fields.
- Expertise associated with a region other than North America or Europe strongly preferred
- Evidence of engagement in culturally responsive pedagogies.
- Experience with high impact teaching and learning practices (examples: undergraduate research, community engagement, critical pedagogies, learning communities).
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Community college teaching experience preferred.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE INVITED TO INTERVIEW AND PROVIDE A TEACHING DEMONSTRATION.
Salary: $1,066.00 Per Credit Hour
Effective Date: Fall semester, 2018; open until filled