Cancer Clinical Research 2, Project Manager – Gastrointestional Oncology
Cancer Clinical Research 2, Project Manager – Gastrointestional Oncology🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States📁Research📅Jun 02, 2021 Post Date📅89831 Requisition #Cancer Clinical Research Project Manager – Gastrointestional OncologyThe Stanford Cancer Institute (SCI) is one of an elite number of National Cancer Institute-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the country, and is a prominent, dynamic, growing and complex Institute within the Stanford University School of Medicine. The SCI actively works to build synergies and collaborations among faculty with cancer-relevant expertise from four Schools and over 30 departments across Stanford University. We seek a Cancer Clinical Research Project Manager to help us enact our mission to reduce cancer mortality through comprehensive programs of cancer research, treatment, education and outreach. Given the SCI’s mission, breadth, and depth, it employs over 320 staff members in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and forward-thinking environment with tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. The Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) is an integral component of the Stanford Cancer Institute since the vital work performed there enables our adult and pediatric cancer centers to translate research from the laboratory into the clinical setting. You will be working with anunparalleled leading edge community of faculty and staff who are fundamentally changing the world of health care in the cancer arena. Reporting to The Gastrointestional Oncology Clinical Research Manager, the Cancer Clinical Research Project Manager will be conversant in the goals, mission and priorities of the Institute, and utilize this knowledge to conduct industry sponsored trials, cooperative group trials, investigator initiated clinical research studies, from start up to close out. We are seeking candidates with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and outstanding oral/written communication skills with the ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams. Our staff run toward challenges, and you will have a demonstrated history of doing the same with a high degree of professionalism, initiative and flexibility. Duties include:
- Oversee data management for research projects. Develop and manage systems to organize, collect, report, and monitor data collection. Extract, analyze, and interpret data.Develop project schedules, targets, measurements, and accountabilities, as assigned. Lead team meetings and prepare/approve minutes.Formally supervise, train, and/or mentor new staff or students, as assigned, potentially including hiring, preparing or assisting with the preparation of performance evaluations, and performing related duties, in addition to instruction on project work. Audit operations, to ensure compliance with applicable regulations; provide leadership in identifying and implementing corrective actions/processes. Collaborate with principal investigators and study sponsors, monitor and report serious adverse events, and resolve study queries.Provide leadership in determining, recommending, and implementing improvements to policies/processes; define best practices.Ensure regulatory compliance. Regularly inspect study document to ensure ongoing regulatory compliance.
- Knowledge of project managmement and implementation strategies
- Ability to work cross-functinoally across multiple teams
- Strong communication skills, ability to network and manage strong personalities
- Ability to use Mailchimp or other programs to send out newsletters, communications, and track metrics
- Strong interpersonal skillsProficiency with Microsoft Office and database applications.Experience with research protocols and regulatory or governing bodies, which include HIPAA and FDA regulations, Institutional Review Board requirements, and Good Clinical Practices.Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping. Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or exposure to chemicals, blood, body fluid or tissues and risk of exposure to contagious diseases and infections.May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4923
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Department URL: http://cancer.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 89831