Social Science Research Coordinator
Social Science Research Coordinator🔍Stanford, California, United States📁Research📅Jun 14, 2021 Post Date📅89817 Requisition #The Division of General Pediatrics at Stanford University is seeking a Social Science Research Coordinator to perform administrative and operational duties to support research or develop public programs and policies, applying basic knowledge and understanding of scientific theory. Work under the direction and supervision of the principal investigator and/or study coordinator/supervisor.Duties include:
- Prepare correspondence, documents and reports.Maintain and file forms and documents, including consent forms and master subject logs.Assist with the screening, recruiting, and obtaining consent of study participants. Perform telephone or in-person interviews to gather data, as needed. Schedule and/or call subjects for appointments.Prepare, distribute, administer and process questionnaires and tests, score test measurements and questionnaires, and code data for computer entry. Perform quantitative review of forms, tests, and other measurements for completeness and accuracy.Type, edit and organize data. Prepare data for input into statistical databases.Apply formulas and calculations to research data using basic statistical programs. Review and verify accuracy of database information and assist in making necessary corrections according to specific guidelines.Order and maintain equipment and supplies.Process study compensation payments and thank you letters to subjects upon completion of trial activities. Assist with post- study activities, as needed.
- General understanding of scientific theory and methods.General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs.Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to complete detailed work accurately.Effective oral and written communication skills.Ability to work with human study participants
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.Occasionally stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, writing by hand, and sort/file paperwork or parts.Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl, rarely reach/work above shoulders, and operates foot and/or hand controls.- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May be exposed to blood borne pathogens.May be required to work non-standard, extended or weekend hours in support of research work.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4185
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: D
- Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 89817