Head Coach, Field Hockey
Head Coach, Field Hockey🔍Athletics, Stanford, California, United States📁Athletics📅Jun 02, 2021 Post Date📅89816 Requisition #Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation ("DAPER") is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 128 NCAA cahmpionship titles, won the Women's Capital One Cup four of the last five years, and have brought home the Learfield Directors' Cup for 25 straight years. We also support the university's physical education, recreation, and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the DAPER culture, "The DAPER Way", which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively. Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you! Stanford Athletics is currently accepting applications for the position of Head Coach, Field Hockey. The Head Coach is responsible for all aspects of Stanford’s Field Hockey program, including adhering to the rules of the NCAA, America East Conference, and Stanford University. Essential duties include student-athlete development, team management, recruiting, budgeting, competition scheduling, team travel, personnel management, relationship building with alumni and friends of the program, and compliance with all laws and institutional and governing body rules. The Head Coach also has the opportunity to participate in summer camp operations, consistent with institutional and NCAA regulations. Your responsibilities include:
- Create and facilitate a healthy team culture that supports the development of grounded self-awareness and growth mindset, selfless teamwork, personal and team integrity, and competitive greatness.
- Identify, assess, and recruit top student-athletes to compete at Stanford, within the context of applicable NCAA regulations and University admission expectations.
- Plan and organize team and individual training and practice sessions, within NCAA regulations and with respect for the academic demands of Stanford student-athletes.
- Provide leadership and instruction for the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including team management in areas such as academic, disciplinary, and personal matters, as appropriate.
- Develop and implement strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at their highest level.
- Develop and manage the annual program budget, within institutional budget policies and guidelines.
- Recruit, manage, and develop assistant coach(s), including delivering regular performance coaching and an annual performance evaluation.
- Arrange a competitive schedule, within institutional guidelines and budget, and manage all aspects of team travel.
- Participate in Department of Athletics education and activities, including regular coaches meetings, all-staff meetings, and compliance and other education sessions.
- Participate in and / or support alumni outreach, fundraising, and other relevant relationship management activities on behalf of the program and the department.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, by the Director of Athletics and/or his/her/their designee.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years collegiate or professional coaching experience required. Division I collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with student-athletes, peers and the general public.
- Computer literacy with common office applications such as Word, Excel, G-Suite applications.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of staff and personnel in the Department of Athletics, the University and the community.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 1417
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G99
- Requisition ID: 89816