Student Services Specialist
Student Services Specialist🔍School of Humanities and Sciences, Stanford, California, United States📁Student Services📅Jun 02, 2021 Post Date📅89824 Requisition #Public Policy Program Student Services SpecialistStanford Public Policy is an innovative interdisciplinary program connecting the theoretical and analytical tools of economics, political science, philosophy, psychology and law with their real-world policy applications. The program has a vibrant undergraduate major and graduate program with affiliated faculty and lecturers from across campus. The Program in Public Policy in the School Humanities and Sciences seeks a Student Services Specialist to join the team. The Student Services Specialist works primarily with the undergraduate student population monitoring degree progress as well as managing the course scheduling for the program’s graduate and undergraduate curriculum. The position also provides general administrative support for the program, manages events, and handles the program’s web and social media content. We are a strong team that encourages collaboration, opportunities for professional growth and a positive working experience for all of our team members. The position reports to the program Director of Finance and Operations. The position provides administrative and operational support to faculty, staff, and students on issues regarding admission, financial aid, housing, registrar services, visa services, student life, advising, career counseling and academic services. Resolves routine issues of limited scope within the work area using general guidelines and standards or precedents as reference.This is a 75-100% FTE, non-exempt position. If you believe that this opportunity is a match for your knowledge, skills and abilities, we encourage you to apply. In this role, you will:
- Review documents and forms for completeness, track files for follow up and distribute for review.Research and resolve routine issues, refer complex issues to other staff.Input data, update electronic databases, web sites, literature, and associated materials. May collect, gather and validate data, prepare basic reports.Coordinate logistics for outreach activities, meetings, and events.Respond to routine inquiries from students, faculty, external constituents, and staff.Serve as a subject matter resource to students and other departments.Contribute to general office administration and process improvements.May train and direct day to day activities of student and temporary workers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.Customer service skills.Basic office administration skills.Ability to learn compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums. Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
- Schedule: Part-time
- Job Code: 7500
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 89824