Assistant Coach, Wrestling
Assistant Coach, Wrestling🔍Athletics, Stanford, California, United States📁Athletics📅Jun 03, 2021 Post Date📅89849 Requisition #Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 128 NCAA championship titles, won the Women’s Capital One Cup four of the last five years, and have brought home the Learfield Director’s Cup for 25 straight years. We also support the university’s physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the DAPER culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you! Stanford Athletics seeks two (2) qualified individuals for the full-time positions of Assistant Coach, Wrestling. These positions will report to the Head Coach, Wrestling. The assistant coaches will assist the head coach in the administration of all aspects of the wrestling program. Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to the following: Your responsibilities will include:
- Instructing and coaching student-athletes, practice planning, video coordination, and recruiting
- Must be able and willing to drill and live wrestle on a daily basis at a Division I level
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Coordinating team travel logistics
- Assisting with organization required for visiting teams, recruits, and other activities/events
- Assisting with wrestling program marketing/promotions and alumni development
- Assisting and monitoring student-athlete academic progress
- Assisting with organization and administration of summer camps
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with student-athletes, peers and the general public
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks under deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities in order to perform a high volume of detailed work with constant interruptions.
- Flexibility and willingness to work as a team player.
- Computer literacy with common office applications such as Word and Excel required
- Ability to understand and comply with all rules and regulations of the Stanford University, Pac-12 Conference and NCAA
- Ability to work compatibly and cooperatively with a variety of staff and personnel in the Department of Athletics, the University, and the community.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 1417
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G99
- Requisition ID: 89849