IT Project Manager
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is now seeking an IT Project Manager to join the Center for Information Technology Services (CITS). The IT Project Manager will have responsibility for providing project management support for information technology projects within CITS as a member of the Project Management Office (PMO). This position will work closely with various departments and schools throughout the university as needed. This position will identify technology requirements and timelines when deploying new software and technology services. This position will act as a project manager for the technology needs for those projects and coordinate the various activities that require further interaction. This position will act as a technology liaison and advisor to the department/school contact(s) for these projects and provide project portfolio support to the PMO.
UMB offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to eligible employees. This position receives an annual leave package starting with 22 accrued vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days, and 3 personal days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; professional learning and development opportunities; flexible schedules and teleworking options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. Essential Functions:
- Provide project management assistance, expertise, and/or resources for the technology aspects of new software and services being deployed by various schools and departments across the university, as needed.
- Act as a member of project teams for information technology-based projects within CITS. Provide advisement in order to provide logistical support for department contacts and project leads related to project management methodology.
- Collaborate with campus partners to ensure IT systems are adequately meeting their operational objectives and are appropriately integrated into the university’s technology environment. Provide technical support and recommendations to resolve system and program issues.
- Direct, coordinate, and produce external communications related to current and upcoming IT projects including announcements, publications, web site content, alerts, etc.
- Provide input in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support service offering or industry projects.
- Identify and address campus needs: participate in campus discussions and meetings; communicate a broad range of university services; manage engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
- Contribute updates, statues and reports on IT projects to the PMO.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting or Information Systems or related field of study; or comparable experience working as an information technology project manager.Experience: Five (5) years spent progressively building a background in the various computer systems with multiple information technologies including one (1) year of experience with project management duties, including using formal project management tracking software and methodologies. PMP preferred. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess knowledge and proficiency in project management for large and small scale projects. Ability to perform position in compliance with all requirements, regulations, and laws. Ability to gather, compile, and synthesize information with regard to highly complex technology processes or systems. Ability to understand and communicate computer IT concepts effectively to broad audiences. Ability to maintain high standards with the work being performed and maintain awareness with trends and influences. Strategic and analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and make decisions. Skill in assuming personal responsibility for all outcomes. Skill in making effective and timely decisions. Skill in the effective use of technology. Ability to maintain productivity and to prioritize ongoing and new projects, as well as conduct research and gather information. Ability to provide complex technical input for long range strategy and policy development issues. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to understand written information and is able to listen attentively to verbal and non-verbal cues that lead to a deeper understanding. Ability to communicate and interact with, as well as support effective partnerships with key groups and individuals. Consultation and change management skills. Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrates professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior when interacting with others. Ability to interact pleasantly and positively with other to meet customer expectations, and provide follow up with customers.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: CITS Operations
Job Posting: Jun 2, 2021
Unposting Date: Jun 16, 2021, 10:59:00 PM