Analyst, Procurement Operations and Reporting
University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is currently seeking a Procurement Operations and Reporting Analyst to join Department of Strategic Sourcing & Acquisition Services (SSAS). UMB was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine (Feb 2021). BENEFITS:This EXEMPT position offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. PRIMARY DUTIES:
- • Interpret and apply Federal, State, and University System of Maryland (USM) regulations and policies in order to develop and maintain University procurement policies and procedures.
• Update and streamline procurement processes and develop and maintain departmental training resources/materials.
• Manage departmental reporting requirements (both internal and external) including, but not limited to small business reserve (SBR) reports, minority business enterprise (MBE) reports, green procurement reports, on-call contractor utilization reports, spend reporting and analysis, PCard reporting and analysis, and ad-hoc reporting for management, auditors, Maryland Public Information Act (MPIA) requests, etc.
• Develop and run reports/queries from internal and external data sources to meet a variety of reporting requirements and manage reporting calendar.
• Develop and maintain reporting SOPs/methodology. Ensure data quality of reporting.
• Serve as the primary department technology resource. Make technology recommendations to department management.
• Serve as liaison with Central Information Technology Services (CITS) on department technology issues and assist department in the implementation and utilization of core technologies through the use of applications such as SharePoint/OneDrive/Teams, or DocuSign.
• Serve as liaison to Financial Systems and Oracle ERP technical team. Perform functional testing for updates and patches, troubleshoot Oracle ERP procurement system issues, and manage vendor registration process and vendor profile data.
• Act as the functional/technical resource and super-user for solicitation and contract management system. Coordinate implementation and ongoing maintenance activities, oversee user management, develop and maintain templates, libraries, etc., troubleshoot user issues, and serve as liaison to system vendor.
• Oversee SSAS department website.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, IT or a related field.
- Experience: Three (3) years of experience in procurement management, e-procurement, data reporting or other related functions.
- Supervisory Experience: N/A
- Certification/Licensure: N/A
- Other: Related experience may be substituted for required education. Financial disclosure reporting required by State of Maryland Ethics Committee.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: Strategic Sourcing & Acquisition Services
Job Posting: Jun 2, 2021
Unposting Date: Jun 16, 2021, 10:59:00 PM