Senior International Program Specialist, PHIA
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an international non-profit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) that supports the School of Medicine’s Center for International Health, Education, and Biosecurity (CIHEB) to strengthen health systems and reduce the spread and impact of HIV/AIDS. MGIC currently has a recruitment for an Senior International Program Specialist PHIA. Currently, MGIC has offices in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia. MGIC will continue to support the expansion of CIHEB programs into two new countries: Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) in the coming months.
- In collaboration with UMB and CIHEB leadership, plan and coordinate MGIC’s registration in Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) in accordance with priorities, time and funding limitations, or other specifications. Synchronize the business operations of the international offices in Burundi and DRC.
- Assist in the preparation of final program and financial reports for submission to management or outside international/foreign agency to include reporting on work of University of Maryland, all subcontractors, and applicable consultants relevant to MGIC. This includes the formulation and preparation of budgets, affiliate resource management, and procurement operations.
- Perform specialized administrative functions, including document sharing and storage, deadline tracking, data interpretation, the development and maintenance of internal and external facing websites, and can provide up-to-date information on the international programmatic portfolios when necessary.
- Collect, compile, and organize data pertinent to UMB’s ongoing special projects. Analyze, summarize, and communicate this information to appropriate officials.
- Lead the development of tracking systems for critical host-country compliance requirements and supports rapid execution of these requirements.
- Support international office administration, fleet and vehicle administration, human resources (including the support of work permit and visas for international staff) and safety and security.
- Consult with UMB departments, international staff, and administrative officials regarding policies, trends, and interpretation of data and program needs. Provide routine and non-routine technical advice, problem-solving assistance, answers to questions about policy and procedure interpretation, and operations support for affiliates and their respective boards.
- Conduct basic efficiency, time and cost studies and analyses of work processes and systems. Prepare statistical tables and charts, staffing patterns, workflow, and organization charts.
- Coordinate activities through delegation of assignments to internal and external stakeholders, as appropriate. May supervise and mentor other staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in international relations, business administration, public administration, finance, marketing, accounting, human resources, or other related field. Master's degree preferred.Experience: Three (3) years of experience in business operations, program management, program operations support, or related field. With at least one (1) year of experience in the international development or relief sector preferred. Prior international operations experience and ability to communicate (read, write and speak) in French fluently are highly desired.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Elementary knowledge of: reference and research methods and techniques used in collecting, compiling, and organizing data and information; basic methods and techniques used in organizing and conducting studies and analyses or programs, procedures, and organizations; basic analytical and statistical principles and techniques. Skilled in the use of office automation software and its application, in operating manual and automated office equipment. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, to present ideas and information clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, to perform mathematical computations, to present statistical material in chart and graph form. Outstanding attention to detail. Strong customer service orientation and ability to communicate effectively and build constructive working relationships in a diverse, international working environment. Ability to travel internationally up to 35%.Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience. UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]. If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected]. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: Maryland Global Initiatives
Job Posting: Jun 3, 2021
Unposting Date: Jul 3, 2021, 10:59:00 PM