Payroll Processing Associate
The University of Maryland Baltimore Department of Epidemiology and Public Health is seeking a Payroll Processing Associate. This position will be responsible for processing, tracking, and reporting payroll transactions.
UMB offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to eligible employees. This position receives an annual leave package starting with 11 vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days, and 3 personal days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; professional learning and development opportunities; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be process through Human Resources.
1. Performs all aspects of the eUMB HR (payroll journals, adjustments, leave payouts, overpays, etc.) maintain up-to-date time and leave, generate reports and review for accuracy. Assemble, distribute, and/or examine new employee employment packet contents for required forms for completeness and signatures. Work with new employees to ensure paperwork is correct and submitted in a timely manner.
2. Track FML approvals and ensure that FML time is being appropriately recorded on timesheets. Track timesheets sending out regular reminders for outstanding timesheets as needed.
3. Calculate overpayments and work with employee/former employees and Payroll Office on recouping the final overpayment amount. Serve as a liaison for payroll and human resources matters such as employee health and retirement benefits. Serve as the point person for terminating employees by collecting badges, keys, timesheets, parking permits, etc. on employee’s last day.
4. Conduct Day 2 Onboarding of new employees. Maintain electronic and hard copy onboarding manual, updating as needed. Work with employees and new hires to ensure that all appropriate payroll documentation has been filed and accepted, including eVerify, Glacier, I-9 form, W-4 form, etc.
5. Review all payroll ePAFs submitted by business managers for accuracy, recycling ePAFs, changes in funding commitment, etc.; report repeat errors to director/administrator.
6. Maintain up-to-date, secured personnel files which are accessible only by the director and administrator.
7. Manage and coordinate staff visas.
8. Conduct department Onboarding of new/transfer employees; maintain updated Onboarding material, making suggestions about new information to include.
9. Attend payroll meetings; reporting on key points at monthly managers meetings.
10. Assist with recruitment activities including accessing documents in Taleo.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Excellent organizational skills are required to handle the variety of tasks that are associated with this position. Ability to prioritize is critical when working with payroll, human resources and procurement activities. Knowledge of eUMB Quantum Financials and HRMS desirable; advance knowledge of Excel required. Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with tact and discretion. Skill in strategic and analytic thought with the ability to solve problems and make decisions.
Job: Reg or CII Non-Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Epidemiology and Public Health
Job Posting: Jun 2, 2021
Unposting Date: Jun 16, 2021, 10:59:00 PM