Learning Commons Data Assessment Specialist (FWS) (2021/2022)
Learning Commons Data Assessment Specialist (FWS) (2021/2022)Student Position Type:
Federal Work StudyAppointment Type:
This position will require 8 – 10 hours per week.
This position will work remotely until it is determined safe to return to campus. Please see the Safe Return Plan for more information: https://laverne.edu/safereturn/Hiring Manager:
William OwenNumber of Vacancies:
3Job Description Summary:
The Learning Commons at ULV (located in Wilson Library), is a vibrant, collaborative space on campus which supports the learning, teaching, scholarship, and wellness needs of students, staff, faculty, and alumni.
Data Assessment staff support the documentation and presentation of Learning Commons and the Academic Success Centers activity. Opportunities for growth include learning to work with data in terms of cleaning and preparation for reporting, data visualization and descriptive analysis using Excel and other data tools.
1. Gathering, organizing, and cleaning data.
2. Maintaining databases.
3. Querying database and creating statistical presentations.
4. Adhering to Learning Commons policies, procedures, and philosophies; Carrying out all Learning Commons obligations in a responsible and professional manner; Responding quickly and clearly to communications from the Learning Commons staff.
1. Basic knowledge of MS Office, including MS Excel.
2. Self-motivation, self –regulation, and a desire to mature and learn in a professional environment.
1. Experience in MS Excel, preferably utilizing Power Query and Power Pivot.
2. Basic experience in MS Access.
3. Basic graphic design knowledge / Infographics.
4. Descriptive Statistics
Employees are eligible for the following benefits:
One hour of Paid Sick Leave for every 30 hours worked, with a maximum accrual of 24 hours of Paid Sick Leave per year and capped at 48 hours.
University of La Verne Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – can contribute employee voluntary contributions, excluding wages derived from federal work study funds.
In accordance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA), employees who work an average of 30 or more hours per week, will be eligible for medical coverage through the University of La Verne.
Covered under the University of La Verne Workers Compensation Insurance.Location:
La Verne Central CampusPosting Number:
09/30/2021Open Until Filled: