cGxP Desktop Systems Specialist III
The cGxP Desktop Systems Specialist III is primarily responsible for coordinating IS hardware and software support for end-users, either resolving or escalating issues as appropriate. Additional responsibilities include troubleshooting and support of network connectivity (wired and wireless), VoIP, print and scanning services, endpoint security and encryption, audio/visual, and site security within an FDA regulated research and manufacturing environment.Responsibilities
- Provides initial response and all tiers of Helpdesk support and training to end users
- Coordinates resolution of endpoint hardware and software related issues. Exercises independent judgment within scope of authority. When necessary, escalates issues to team and/or supervisor to ensure prompt and appropriate resolution within the context of organizational priorities.
- Responsible for the maintenance, distribution, installation and inventory of wired and wireless devices including desktops/laptops, peripherals, VoIP devices, multifunction print/scanners, audio/visual and video conferencing equipment.
- Responsible for the administration and support of enterprise network services such as: endpoint security and encryption, user account maintenance, remote access, mobile devices, audio/visual and video conferencing.
- Responsible for the configuration and maintenance of endpoint device images, end user application deployments, patch management and testing using industry standard management tools such as Microsoft Systems Center.
- Responsibilities related to physical site security including, but not limited to, controls troubleshooting, badge creation and assignments of facility access.
- Provides and supports user access for both cGxP and non-cGxP applications and systems ensuring proper documentation and compliance with cGxP and 21 CFR Part 11
- Assists in the administration of MassBiologics cGxP and non-cGxP multi-domain infrastructure.
- Promotes and ensures compliance with professional and industry standards, FDA and cGxP guidelines, and MassBiologics standard operating procedures.
- Documents all work according to MassBiologics Information Systems standards and cGxP.
- Assists in the continuous enhancement of Helpdesk operations.
- Assists in the development and enforcement of Standard Operating Procedures, MassBiologics Policies and Guidelines with respect to Computer Operations.
- Applies IS knowledge to troubleshooting within scope of training. Maintains current working knowledge of IS.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Requires a BS in Computer Science or related field with a minimum 4+ years of relevant experience. Technical training or certifications in computer / desktop support preferred
- Strong customer service background with proficiency using Microsoft Windows infrastructure, operating systems and industry standard malware protections and diagnostic tools.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions precisely
- Ability and willingness to conduct complex troubleshooting in a team environment.
- Strong critical thinking, time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively (up, down, and laterally), with a particular attention to detail and customer service.
- Travel may be required between Mattapan and Fall River Campuses. Position may also require flexible scheduling to meet the business needs
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Prior experience with current and MassBiologics owned versions of Microsoft software products, wired/wireless networking, device encryption, deployment and patching.
- Industry certification such as CompTIA A+, Net+ or other
- Prior experience with ChromeOS, MacOS and iOS devices in an enterprise setting
- Prior experience in a cGxP regulated environment with a working knowledge of cGxP and 21 CFR Part 11