GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Administrator or designee, the Project Assistant I is responsible to support the coordination of activities related to a small or medium size project.
- Participate in project teams and coordinate tasks in accordance with project objective(s)
- Document and maintain records of current project plans, decisions, project reports, schedules, budgets, cost tracking reports, and other pertinent records
- Compile data and update databases
- Prepare spreadsheets, multi-media presentations, statistical, and financial reports for presentation utilizing a variety of software applications including; but not limited to, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Participate in the planning and organization of functions; including event planning and logistics
- Manage meeting logistics, room reservations, food/beverages, dissemination of materials. Compile and distribute meeting minutes
- Maintain updated information on proprietary project software and run reports as needed
- Provide research and administrative support for special projects
- Screen calls, respond when appropriate, or refer calls
- Perform other duties as required.
- Associate’s Degree in business administration, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3 years of related experience
- Ability to work in a team and meet performance deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required to interact with all organizational levels; demonstrated ability to work appropriately with confidential information.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilizes independent judgment, assess priorities, and operate in a flexible manner in order to meet the dynamic needs of the department.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Demonstrates proficiency with software applications including, but not limited to: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project and Visio.
Under the supervision of the Administrator or designee
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Usual office environment