Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228348
Atlanta, GAJob Summary
The Haider Lab in the Dept. of Biomedical Engineering (BME) at Georgia Tech & Emory University seeks a highly motivated and skilled postdoctoral fellow to undertake NIH funded projects examining synaptic and network mechanisms supporting sensory perception and visual attention.
The projects offer significant opportunity to learn cutting-edge research techniques in vivo with transgenic mice performing quantitative visual behavioral tasks.Responsibilities
The specific job duties undertaken include the following: 1) neural population recording with high-density silicon electrodes (Neuropixels), 2) optogenetic circuit manipulation, 3) training transgenic mice on quantitative visual spatial detection behaviors 4) high dimensional neural data signal processing and analysisRequired Qualifications
- Candidates should have completed a PhD
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- The ideal candidate has expertise in patch clamp / multi-electrode electrophysiology in vitro or in vivo, experience with neural or behavioral data analysis related to visual neuroscience, and quantitative skill in data acquisition and analysis (preferably with MATLAB). Candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, an inquisitive mindset, and enthusiasm to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Significant experience in: electrophysiology, visual neuroscience, neural data analysis
- Proven ability to: execute projects using the above skillsets in high-quality publications
- Knowledge of: optogenetics, optical imaging,
- Excellent skills in: MATLAB (or similar) programming, animal experimental procedures necessary for in vivo electrophysiology studies, neural signal processing
- Experience in: animal behavior / human visual psychophysics
For additional information about this job opening, please contact Dr. Bila Haider [email protected]Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.Other Information
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.