Technology Support Analyst
Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeHours per week:
40Months per year:
010567NC Salary Grade Equivalency:
Technology Support Analyst - JourneyWorking Title:
Technology Support AnalystSalary Range:
$50,557 - $60,550Anticipate Hiring Range:
$50,557 - $60,550FLSA Status:
Office of OneIT (Adm)Work Unit:
OneIT - Client EngagementWork Schedule:
8:00 am – 5:00 pm; Monday – FridayPrimary Purpose of Position:
The OneIT Service Desk provides frontline help to the faculty/staff and students requesting assistance with core technology and services supporting the research, instructional, and administrative activities of the University community. Technology Support Analysts are responsible for level-one support of incoming calls, email and web inquiries, and level-two support to help mentor student employees. The OneIT Service Desk also assists in creating and maintaining support documentation online.Minimum Education/Experience:
- Required Minimum Qualifications:
Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, computer Technology Integration, Networking Technology, or related area and one year of experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Journey level required an additional one year of experience.
Advanced level required an additional two years of experience.
- University Preferred Qualifications:
Graduation from a two year technical college with a major in computer science, information technology or related area and two years in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or graduation from a four year college or university and two years experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or graduation from a four year college or university with a major in computer science or information technology or related degree and one year experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role. Related information technology experience may be substituted year for year for the required education.Essential Job Duties:
This is analytical work in providing consultation, support, and/or training to clients of computer or other technology-based systems. Employees are located throughout the state in agencies and universities. Employees may provide technical support of hardware, applications, operating systems and networking. This level requires a broad understanding of a wide variety of technologies to effectively support clients’ technical needs. Employees at this level are not usually involved in application development or network design; but may participate in system integration and network analysis activities. Employees interact with a broad range of clients requiring strong communication skills and ability to use a wide variety of technical resources for providing a higher level technical support to clients than the Technology Support Technician level. Employees at this level generally provide both routine and non-routine support for a broad range of information related technologies, or may provide in-depth support for a more narrowly defined area of technology. Employees refer highly complex or difficult technical problems to a higher-level Technology Support Specialist or other technical resource for that particular technology question.Other Work Responsibilities:
- Consults with clients and higher level technicians and analysts to resolve technical problems and ensure client satisfaction.
- Independently resolves routine and non routine problems.
- Troubleshoots problems and performs diagnostics on software and/or hardware issues.
- Demonstrates a substantial working knowledge as well as understands and uses the principles, processes, and practices pertinent to the area of technical support.
- May mentor or train peers and others.
- Develops technical documentation to support clients utilizing OneIT technology and services.
- Performs quality assurance testing on new products and develops documentation and training materials as requested.
- Serves as technical lead for a new product/service when requested.
- Contributes ideas and feedback to team members to facilitate problem resolution and process improvement.
- Creates or updates technical solutions that can be posted on the OneIT Service Desk website or used internally by other team members.
- Recommends technology support/knowledge articles and publications to team members relevant to support offered by the OneIT Service Desk.
- Researches new systems and services that would integrate with the current environment to provide improved business processes.
- Assists with planning activities to develop better technological and procedural capabilities for providing support.
- Assists as necessary in determining impact to the client community for any project or task.
Incident requests and work orders are processed in the following manner:
1) determine the nature of the request, and properly record all information related to the client and issue reported or work requested in the incident management system (Cherwell);
2) regarding incidents, resolve as many as possible during the initial contact with the client; and
3) in the event that the issue cannot be resolved at initial contact because of the nature or complexity of the problem, identify appropriate higher level support group for escalation of the problem.
Regarding work orders, assign to the appropriate OneIT department.Departmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience working in a call center environment, 2-3 years preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge of service desk operations and technical experience.
· Experience with IT Service Management Solutions (Cherwell preferred).
· Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical persons.
· Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
· Experience following and updating technical documentation.
· Preference given to candidates with a minimum of 3 years of customer service experience.
· Higher Education and/or state of NC experience desired.
· High attention to detail, resourceful and effective problem-solver.Work Location:
06/14/2021Special Notes to Applicants:
Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application.
- Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
- These documents will be used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and professional experience.