Administrative Support Associate
Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeHours per week:
40Months per year:
003402NC Salary Grade Equivalency:
Administrative Support Associate - ContributingWorking Title:
Administrative Support AssociateSalary Range:
$31,200Anticipate Hiring Range:
University College (Adm)Work Unit:
Disability ServicesWork Schedule:
Normal Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 8-5; some early mornings, nights, and weekends required.
*Subject to change based on program needs and University decisions
The Admin Support Associate in the Office of Disability Services provides specialized support to students with disabilities at UNC Charlotte as follows:
- Serves as the first point of contact, providing outstanding customer service for students, faculty, and staff
- Establishes a welcoming environment for a diverse population of students with a wide range of accommodation needs
- Acts as a productive member of the DS team, assisting with daily operations of a fast-paced office and a busy Test Center and providing back-up to support to the Test Center as needed
- Provides general clerical, office and administrative support for the daily operations of Disability Services.
- Monitors and orders office supplies through 49er Mart
- Mentors student staff, coordinating tasks and providing instructions
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and and high levels of confidentiality, discretion, and security in order to respectfully manage and maintain student personal information, Test Center information, and disability documentation.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Graduation from high school; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
University Preferred Qualifications:
Contributing: Graduation from high school, or completion of its equivalency, and one year of office/clerical work experience; or an equivalent combination of training/experience.
Journey: Graduation from high school, or completion of its equivalency, and two years of office/clerical work experience; or an equivalent combination of training/experience.
Advanced: Graduation from high school, or completion of its equivalency, and three years of office/clerical work experience; or an equivalent combination of training/experience.Essential Job Duties:
The Office of Disability Services, a Division of Academic Affairs, seeks an Administrative Support Associate to join our collaborative team. Disability Services works to ensure that students with disabilities have access to education and campus life at UNC Charlotte. Disability Services staff coordinate reasonable academic accommodations for nearly 800 students with disabilities and serve as a resource to campus partners on disability-related matters. As part of the Disability Services team, the Administrative Support Associate:
• Serves as the first point of contact, providing outstanding customer service for students, faculty, and staff
• Acts as a productive, engaged member of the DS team, assisting with daily operations of a fast-pasted office and busy 32-seat Test Center
• Greets visitors, answers phones, schedules appointments, manages the main department email, providing appropriate information and successful resolution of routine issues related to services, policies, procedures and practices and directing inquiries to appropriate DS Team members as necessary
• Provides back-up support to the Test Center
• Establishes a welcoming environment for a diverse population of students with a broad range of disabilities and accommodation needs
• Provides general clerical, office and administrative support for the daily operations of Disability Services
• In collaboration with Student Services Specialist, mentors student staff, coordinating tasks, providing instruction, and spot checking work for consistency and accuracy
• Monitors and orders office supplies, using financial services tools such as 49er Mart
• Maintains student confidentiality and record security in accordance with FERPA
• Exhibits professionalism, a positive demeanor, cooperative attitude, respect, and sensitivity in interactions with DS students and visitors
• Position reports to the Office of Disability Services Director
•Maintains approved social media postings
•Helps ensure front desk manual and related standard operating procedures stay current
•Performs other duties as assigned
•Candidate will ideally have an associate’s degree, as some experience in a college environment is helpful
•Two years of experience in office, business and/or program administration
•Effective verbal and written communication skills
•Experience using a variety of office equipment – computer, scanner, copier, fax
•Strong organizational skills, as attention to detail with accuracy is essential
•Proficient in MS Office/Google environment and comfortable learning an enterprise data management system
•Experience working with a diverse population highly valued
•Experience mentoring student staff a plus
•Experience with social media promotion
Disability ServicesPosting date:
06/17/2021Proposed Hire Date:
08/02/2021Special Notes to Applicants:
Required “Other document” – Please include the name, email address, and phone number for three (3) professional references with your application.
Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application.
- Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
- These documents will be used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and professional experience.