Bus Systems Analyst Adv Entry
Job Title: Bus Systems Analyst Adv Entry
Location: System Office-Athens
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 227334
This is an entry level position responsible for assisting with analysis of business problems and assessing how information systems can be utilized to address them. The position assists in the collection and analysis of data and helps provide quality analytics to researchers and decision makers within the higher education system in support of business/data solutions.Responsibilities
- Assists in managing database, student information systems, and business management system operations.Assists in defining requirements and steps necessary to achieve institutional goals.Assists in identifying areas of in need of improvement or refinement; assists in the design and development of solutions.Assists in managing projects as assigned, including application upgrades.Assists in managing system integrations for system institutions.Assists in identifying and implementing appropriate testing strategies; prepares resulting test cases and scenarios; assists institutions with user acceptance testing.Works with users and stakeholders to define, analyze, recommend, and implement system improvements.Provides functional support to end users on multiple application system modules.Assists with integration of various application systems.Assists in developing and delivering end user training.Creates and updates end user documentation.Acts as a liaison to vendors.Participates in professional development activities; attend conferences and workshops.Schedules and performs weekly maintenance.Responds to after-hours emergencies.Assists in managing change control processes as the result of upgrades, patches, customizations and change requests.Collaborates with other ITS departments to develop custom solutions, fixes and patches.Assists in designing scalable solutions to support collaborative operations.Prepares a variety of system reports.Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required.
Over three years of related experience required.
- Knowledge of and experience with federal and state laws, rules and regulations impacting higher education. Knowledge of USG business procedures and best practices.Knowledge of software development lifecycles and approaches (including, but not limited to functional testing procedures).Knowledge of Accounts Receivable (Bursar), Admissions, Financial Aid, and Registrar processes and procedures. Skill in reporting and data analysis. Experience in student information systems software (Banner), performance analytics, continuous improvement practices, ITIL, Microsoft Office applications, and other relevant technologies. Experience in composing requirements gathering and specification documentation. Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility to work with faculty, executive administrators, staff, students and external stakeholders. Exhibit a positive, professional, solutions-oriented attitude, a drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player in a pressured and fast-paced environment. Exposure to project management skills within complex functional and technical systems. Experience working in collaborative projects where multiple groups are engaged independently to contribute to overall project goals. Experience in managing and carrying out multiple projects and tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines. Demonstrated follow-up, coordination, and effective problem resolution skills. Excellent organization skills, self-directed, and naturally collaborative in nature for solution design and problem resolution. Ability to apply business knowledge and practical experience to the identification, analysis, root cause and resolution process. Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal and written formats. Ability to effectively work in a faced-past environment, and prioritize tasks in alignment with the priorities of the organization. Ability to adapt quickly and work in a highly changeable work environment. Ability to respond professionally and diplomatically to sensitive and critical information/issues.Ability to work independently and in collaborative group settings. Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing. Ability to present information in an engaging, professional and effective manner.
- List of References - Top candidates will be notified before their references are contacted.
1. Knowledge of USG business procedures.
2. Knowledge of relational database management systems.
3. Knowledge of process improvement principles.
4. Knowledge of project management principles.
5. Knowledge of software development lifecycles and approaches.
6. Knowledge of functionality testing procedures.
7. Knowledge of end user training and support principles.
8. Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
9. Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
10. Skill in decision making and problem solving.
11. Skill in the provision of support to end users.12. Skill in oral and written communication.
13. Ability to respond diplomatically to sensitive and critical issues.
14. Ability to effectively multi-task.