Clerical Assistant III - Confidential (CMS)
Antelope Valley College
Clerical Assistant III - Confidential (CMS) Re-advertised
Salary: $3,579.03 Monthly
Deadline: 6/11/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Complete job description and application available online at: http://18.104.22.168/counter.php?id=200545
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of responsible and technical clerical and typing work in support of an assigned District function; provide work direction and guidance to student assistants and other clerical personnel as assigned; performs other related duties as may be assigned.
The Clerical Assistant III performs specialized clerical duties or provides sole clerical support for an assigned function. Work involves specialization in a specific functional area. Incumbents are required to exercise independent judgment and may be assigned lead duties. Incumbents in the Clerical Assistant II class provide a variety of clerical support to other clerical or secretarial staff and may perform some assignments independently. Incumbents in the Clerical Assistant I classification perform routine and repetitive general clerical duties requiring no previous experience. Duties are performed with brief instructions and under close supervision.
E = indicates essential duties of the position
• Plans, schedules and performs technical clerical duties related to assigned function such as compiling information from a variety of sources and preparing reports and forms as required by District, County, State or federal regulations; communicates with other agencies or departments to provide or obtain a wide variety of information; provides cover for front desk or department counter as assigned providing information and assistance to students, potential students, clients and the general public regarding program services and requirements. (E)
• Receives and screens phone calls and visitors; reports phone problems; provides information and directs inquiries and visitors to the proper person or office; provides technical information concerning policies, procedures, rules, regulations and activities of assigned program or office. (E)
• Composes correspondence either independently or from oral instructions; prepares letters, memos, flyers, brochure, and forms, requesting or providing information; prepares variety of mailings as assigned. (E)
• Prepares, types, proofreads and duplicates a variety of items including proposals, contracts, purchase orders, reports, agendas, minutes and other documents. (E)
• Coordinates schedules and assists in communicating to others regarding meetings, appointments, orientations, activities or announcements; schedule meetings, conferences, and interviews for supervisors and others; assembles, types and duplicates required background materials. (E)
• Collects and accounts for fees and other monies received as assigned; monitors and maintains office or program budget according to established guidelines; types requisitions and processes invoices according to established procedures. (E)
• Operates computer equipment to enter and retrieve data, maintains records and generates reports; utilizes word processing and other software as required by the position. (E)
• Prepares and maintains detailed and complex logs, timesheets, files, records and software library including software licenses and maintenance agreements; establishes and cross-references filing systems as needed; maintains confidentiality of a variety of sensitive materials and information. (E)
• Assures timely distribution, receipt, processing and maintenance of a variety of records, reports and other materials; requests or provides information as necessary to assure completeness, accuracy and conformance to established procedures; conducts research and analysis for assigned specialized projects and prepares reports and recommendations accordingly. (E)
• Trains and provides work direction and guidance to student assistants and other clerical personnel as assigned. (E)
• Operates a variety of office machines such as typewriters, computers, printers, calculators, copiers, duplication machine, transcription equipment and other equipment as required. (E)
• Maintains inventory and order supplies, equipment and materials as needed; follows up with persons ordering supplies and equipment and follows up with vendors. (E)
• Receives, screens and routes mail. (E)
• Administers standardized group of individual tests, including adaptive tests for disabled students in accordance with college, state, and testing agency requirements; checks in examinees, verifies identification; prepares materials used for testing, distributes, collects, and maintains security of testing materials. (E)
• Assists instructors, students, faculty, students, co-workers with various problems and questions. (E)
• Receives and verifies accuracy of requisitions, assigns numbers, and distributes Purchase Orders via fax or mail; and determines competitive pricing with vendors. (E)
• Attends meetings, seminars, and conferences for the purpose of enhancing knowledge base and keeping current with matters related to the area of assignment. (E)
• Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school including or supplemented by courses in office practices, business, or Management Information Systems (MIS) and two years of experience closely related to the duties and responsibilities of the class
• Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
• Financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
• Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
• Receptionist and telephone techniques.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Operation of office machines including computer equipment and applicable software.
• Letter and report writing techniques.
• Plan, schedule and perform a variety of responsible and technical clerical and typing work in support of an assigned District function.
• Provide work direction and guidance to student assistants and other clerical personnel as assigned.
• Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
• Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Meet schedules and time lines.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Plan and organize work.
• Maintain records and prepare reports.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Type at 50 words net per minute from clear copy.
• Understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Operate a variety of office equipment such as a computer, copier, transcription equipment and others as assigned.
WORK DIRECTION, LEAD AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provides work direction to student and hourly workers and other clerical staff as may be assigned – no permanent full-time staff to supervise.
For a complete listing and details of all open positions and how to apply, select the HR & Employment link on the AVC Web site at https://www.avc.edu/administration/hr/employment or contact the Human Resources Office at (661) 722-6311; Voice/Relay, (661) 722-6300 x. 6360, 3041 West Avenue K, Lancaster, CA 93536.