Cancer Center Administrative Coordinator
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-02
The Cancer Center, at the University of Virginia School of Medicine, is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to assist the Research Program Administration's team. The position provides administrative support to the Cancer Center Program Manager and the Associate Director of Research Program Administration, assisting in the fulfillment of the mission and responsibilities associated with the NCI Cancer Center Support grant.
- Duties include managing and coordinating events, including management of the Cancer Center Seminar Series.
- Providing support for the administration and management of the Cancer Center Support Grant, particularly managing the membership database and maintaining distribution lists.
- Supporting the different research programs
- Organizing meetings and events as needed.
- Providing administrative support to the Director for Research Administration and Strategic Planning.
- In addition, the incumbent contributes to the administrative team by distributing mail, scheduling interviews, and assisting with HR processes including new hire paperwork and documentation per UVA policies and guidelines.
Education: High School Diploma required. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Experience: At least 1 year of relevant experience managing special events and arranging travel. Two-to-four years of event planning experience is preferred. Systems: Experience using Oracle, PO Purchaser, and UVA Market Place are preferred.
Physical Demands: This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
This is a restricted position; contingent upon the continuation of funding, and satisfactory performance. This position will not sponsor applicants for work visas. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment.
Anticipated Hiring Range: Commensurate with qualifications with UVA benefits.
For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Margaret Weeks, Academic Recruiter.
Please apply through Workday, and search for “Cancer Center Administrative Coordinator". Complete an application online and attach a cover letter and a CV/resume all into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.