IT Support Technician
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-02
The UVA School of Architecture is looking for a motivated IT Support Technician to join our team to help handle front-line user, lab, and classroom computing support.
The School of Architecture is a diverse, technologically rich, and forward-thinking environment with a strong focus on making things and implementing purposeful change throughout the constructed environment. With both standard computing as well as a focus on Computer Aided Design, GIS, digital graphics and media, fabrication, simulation, sensing, data analytics, sustainability, and more, the A-School is a recognized leader in technology and is often first-to-implement in important new areas. While this position offers exciting opportunities for growth in these areas, knowledge of these areas is not a requirement for this position.
The IT Support Technician is an important member of our support team, working directly with faculty, staff, and students. They will:
- Research and diagnose common desktop support needs, networks, security, and standard University applications across Windows and MacOS desktop environments, tablets, and phones.
- Help to maintain classrooms and A/V support, desktop hardware and software setup, deployment, and maintenance.
- This position will also be an opportunity for advancement and to learn and immerse in an environment of advanced graphics, applied computing, and high-performance research applications.
Experience and interest in technology and computer-technical support is important, but most important is an attitude of being willing to learn, jump in, research solutions, and make things happen.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and one year of experience OR equivalent combination of education, experience, and training
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people and in a support role.
- Desire to learn and apply new knowledge, amidst a solid customer service mindset.
- 3 or more years of experience in IT and/or A/V systems and support.
- Knowledge of University Applications (SIS, UBI, Workday, 25 Live, etc.)
Anticipated Hiring Range: $45,000 - $55,000
The Selected candidate will be required to complete a background check prior to their first day of employment per University Policy.
PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for “R0025113". .
PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, and search for "R0025113". Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box or you can combine them into one PDF.
***Please note that you MUST upload ALL documents into the CV/Resume box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration.***
For questions about the application process please contact Rhiannon O'Coin, Senior Academic Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
This position involves the extensive use of desktop computers and will require walking to assist customers. The incumbent will need to lift computers and other equipment, push carts, and perform other physical functions.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.