Medical Education Programs Administrator
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-03
The School of Medicine Office of Medicine Education is seeking a highly motivated administrative professional to join our team as Administrator for our Preventive, Acute, Chronic and Longitudinal Ambulatory Care (PACLAC) Clerkship.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide administrative, operational, logistical, and fiscal support for our PACLAC clerkship. The ideal candidate will be able to pivot easily between independent project work and collaborations with Clerkship Directors. The Administrator must be able to balance multiple tasks, make sound decisions when there are competing priorities, plan and anticipate issues, and communicate effectively with multiple parties.
The successful candidate will:
- Collaborate with Clerkship Directors to ensure smooth operation of clerkship rotations throughout the clerkship year.
- Provide operational support before, during, and after rotations as required.
- Respond quickly to any student issues that arise.
- Keep Clerkship Directors, College Deans, and others abreast of any student issues.
- Solicit preceptors’ willingness to take students and develop a year-long schedule of availability.
- Organize monthly workshops and provide on-site support.
- Develop individual student/preceptor schedules for each rotation.
- Ensure that sites with special requirements have student information in a timely fashion.
- Supervise staff member.
- Manage the program budget, provide monthly analysis, ensure that preceptors, students, housing sites are paid/reimbursed in a timely fashion.
- Manage affiliation agreements between the SOM and affiliated sites.
- Oversee process for initial and renewal faculty appointments for preceptors.
- Proctor student shelf exams.
- Cheerful attitude.
- Gracious tenacity.
- Excellent/respectful oral and written communication.
- Excellent computer skills (preference given to those with MS Office, Zoom, VMED).
- Sound judgment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to delegate.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer software/programs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Experience: At least 2 years of experience working in an administrative capacity. Candidates should have experience in education and/or the coordination/management of educational programs or projects.
Preference will be given to participants who have experience with UVa/other systems including Box, VMED, Marketplace, etc.
The anticipated hiring range for this position is $45,000-$55,000 annually, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a restricted position; continuation is dependent on funding and satisfactory performance.
Priority review of applications will begin on June 13, 2021, but the position will remain open until filled.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: please apply through Workday at the following URL, https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, and search for requisition #R0023646. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box. The successful candidate will pass a criminal background check.
INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for requisition #R0023646. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box. The successful candidate will pass a criminal background check.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact Michelle Williams, Faculty Search Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Experience: Two years of experience, preferably providing administrative support to a medical education program.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.