Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-06-03
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.NOTE: You can only have 5 open student applications at a time.
Assist faculty or other instructional staff by performing teaching or teaching-related duties, such as developing teaching materials, preparing and giving examinations, and grading examinations or papers.
- Attend all mandatory Student TA training and orientation held on a college and department level.
- Assist faculty members with classroom instruction, exams, record keeping, and other miscellaneous projects.
- Tutor or mentor students
- Obtain materials needed for classes, including texts and other materials.
- Assist in preparing presentations for lectures.
- Hand out assignments and grade papers.
- Proctor examinations
- Record grades and inform students of their final grades.
- Help professors and teachers develop course plans and class syllabi.
- Create and write materials such as a syllabus, visual aids, answer keys, supplementary notes, and course websites.
- Correspond with students on Canvas or related inter-campus communication system.
- Take attendance and record responses.
- Record lecture given by professor as needed
Upper-Division Courses Completed
6 Months of Directly Relevant Experience
Typical classroom environment