Seasider Sports Referee
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-06-03
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.NOTE: You can only have 5 open student applications at a time.
Seasider Sports Referee supervises patron use of fitness facilities; referee intra-mural sports; or provide athletic training services to inter-collegiate competitions
- Upholds and adheres to the University Mission/Vision Statements and Honor Code values.
- Ensures the intramurals team upholds and knows the University Mission / Vision Statements and Honor Code values.
- Reports & receives directive from the Seasider Sports Coordinator, and the Department Senior Manager.
- Learns all there is to know about officiating games, indoor and outdoor sports.
- Involved in Recruiting/Training new Seasider Sports Referees.
- Ensure students are in honor code and ensures safety of students.
- Will work various hours of the day or night depending on each event and activity.
- Attends weekly team meetings, weekly evaluation and reports meetings to measure stewardship progress.
Qualifications and Experience
- Adheres and lives the University Honor Code values.
- Clean record with Honor Office.
- Experience with Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel, Power Point and campuslabs: ENGAGE
- Experience in office environment and office operations technology.
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Experience in recruiting, training, delegating, and retaining volunteers on a large scale.
- Experience in Advertising, Marketing, and Promotions.
Positive Work Hard attitude while interacting well with other employees within a department.
Dress and Grooming Standards
The employee must abide by the BYU-Hawaii Dress and Grooming Standards. He/she is expected to dress appropriately for the position.
The student employee must agree to a minimum period of employment, as determined by the employer, based upon the departmental needs. The student employee is expected to give a semester's notice prior to leaving. 3 semesters or longer
This job description may not comprise all duties required to be performed by the employee. Management reserves the right to change, edit or delete information in the job description.