Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions (2 Full-time Openings)
Category:: Administrative / Staff
Department:: 01-52-5265-CE&Grad Admissions
Locations:: Longmeadow, MA
Posted:: Jun 3, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-Time Salaried (Exempt)
Position ID:: 131791
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student...to start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and three satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: ASDGA
- Status: Full Time (2 Full-time Openings)
- Standard Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm with evenings and weekends as required.
- Job Location: Longmeadow, MA
- Exempt (Yes/No): Yes
Reporting to the Director of Graduate Admissions, the Assistant Director (AD) is responsible for the recruitment and enrollment of qualified graduate students for all assigned programs. This role represents Bay Path University to prospective students and organizations and works to increase inquiries and convert applications into enrolled students. A successful AD exhibits superior customer service skills and professionalism throughout daily interactions and communications with students including phone calls, emails, information sessions, and other events, both virtual and in person. This position also creates and implements recruitment strategies to reach prospective students through events, referrals, online and print communications, and outreaches to businesses and organizations. The Assistant Director must demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members, faculty, students, alumni, administrators and staff.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet qualified enrollment goals.
- Manage prospective students through the enrollment pipeline from inquiry through registration; advise on application process and policies. Uphold a high level of customer service to maintain satisfaction.
- Initiate, cultivate and manage the development of external contacts and databases including the development of relationships with professional organizations to promote graduate programs.
- Strong conversion skills through all stages of the enrollment funnel to meet or exceed enrollment goals.
- Represent Bay Path University at college fairs, professional organizations, and conferences to network with potential students.
- Utilize the Salesforce system in effectively tracking all outreaches to inquiries and applicants.
- Assist with the implementation of recruitment and promotional events for the Graduate School. These promotional events may include, but are not limited to, arranging speaking engagements for faculty, presentations at local business/professional organizations, and information sessions on campus and virtual events.
- Actively engage potential students in conversations via phone, in person meetings, virtual meetings and Agendize appointments.
- Instruct prospective applicants on admissions requirements for specific programs and inform of any program prerequisites. Complete application review and regulate flow of applications to program directors or faculty designated as interviewers.
- Handle a wide variety of tasks in a busy service-oriented atmosphere; establish priorities utilizing excellent organizational ability.
- Conduct group presentations for prospective students, business professionals, advisors and other contacts about specific programs.
- Attend trainings as required
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by the University.
- Bachelor's degree required in a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed.
- Experience working in a sales or marketing related position or in the recruitment of students in a college setting. Previous Career Development, Human Resources, Sales, Admissions or Enrollment Management preferred.
- Experience working with or advising students at the undergraduate or graduate level helpful.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Strong analytical abilities, maturity, and a high energy level.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office programs required.
- Sensitivity to the concerns of diverse student populations.
- Valid U.S. driver's license is required.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course (within 15 days of hire) and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed project work with an emphasis on teamwork, working with students, faculty, staff and clients in a professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to understand the impact of student enrollment on the success of the institution.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPAA guidelines.
- All new employees must complete the FERPA, Anti-Harassment, and any other required online trainings within 15 days of employment.
- Must adhere to University COVID-19 testing, symptom tracking and all other COVID protocols established by the University.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, equity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University is a smoke and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at [email protected] or call 413-565-1168.