Associate Director for HR Systems and Total Rewards
Category:: Administrative / Staff
Department:: 01-53-5377-Human Resources
Locations:: Longmeadow, MA
Posted:: Jun 3, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-Time Salaried (Exempt)
Position ID:: 131804
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student...to start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and three satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: ACDHRSTR
- Job Type: Full-time
- Hours: 37.5 hours/week
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm with some evenings and weekends as required.
- Position Location: Longmeadow, MA
Reporting to the AVP & Director of Human Resources, the Associate Director for HR Systems and Total Rewards will serve as a key member of the HR team. The incumbent will be forward thinking and have the ability to expeditiously execute projects and programs, and assist in leading compensation and benefits plan designs, and execution of systems and total rewards programs.
- Manage the delivery and utilization of the organization's HR systems and resources.
- Manage the HRIS day-to-day activities including vendor relationships, contracts and statements of work.
- Promote proactive approaches using the HRIS to solve business needs/problems while also enhancing the understanding and acceptance of the HRIS capabilities.
- Plan and forecast HRIS needs and applications.
- Maintain awareness of vendor plans and the potential impact of those plans on current and future HRIS functionality.
- Work with vendors to design, configure, and maintain HR systems.
- Partner with business areas to understand, evaluate and improve/streamline HR system processes and services to employees.
- Perform system and data audits, and oversees a variety of day-to-day administrative functions to ensure data integrity and the processing and reporting of HR data.
- Document workflows and processes.
- Ensure HR staff are trained on the HR systems, along with applicable processes and procedures.
- Provide ad hoc and standardized reports, upon request.
- May lead project team(s) for system upgrades, enhancements, evaluations and data integration as well as create and present business case when appropriate, developing and executing project plans, and delivering results within targeted timeframes and within budget.
Data Analysis & Systems Management
- Assist with the implementation and analysis of HR data and metrics.
- Compile and analyze benefit and compensation data for operational reporting, forecasting, and planning.
- Reconcile insurance carrier bills on a monthly basis for processing by the Business Office.
- Responsible for ACA annual reporting requirements to include 1094 and 1095.
- Assist with the development of reporting and dashboard analytics.
- Analyzes benefit-cost data to understand cost and utilization trends.
- Conducts analyses and modeling, accesses utilization trends, identifies risks, develops projections, determines opportunities, and prepares summaries of findings.
- Develop reports of the cost analysis and maintains census data for insurance coverage for all covered employees by type of coverage, dependents covered, etc.
- Participates in projects related to system upgrades, enhancements, evaluations, and data integration.
- Participates in audit processes to ensure data accuracy and plan administration compliance.
Total Rewards Administration
- Assists in the design, development, review, and modification of specific programs, plan provisions, tools, projects, and procedures.
- Manage the administration of employee benefits programs that include and are not limited to: medical, dental, life insurance, disability programs, FSA, HSA, HRA, Opt-Out Program, voluntary benefits, vacation, sick and personal time, FMLA and other Leave types.
- Coordinate annual benefit planning, plan summary documents, enrollment, and communications activities.
- Resolve issues related to Unemployment Insurance, Worker's Compensation, COBRA, and Leave of Absence & American with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Oversees open enrollment program and transition to new plan year to ensure effective implementation of annual benefits cycle, if/when necessary.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a consistent compensation framework including administration of salary ranges, management of merit and promotion process, as well as the development of a defined competency model.
- Conduct comprehensive analysis and market studies to evaluate the competitiveness of proposed new compensation programs. Work will include, develop benchmarking methodology, industry compensation surveys participation, evaluate analysis results, recommend program changes, model cost impact, and present final recommendations to the members of the project integration team.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned by the University.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Ideally 5+ Years' experience in an operations focused role where you have gained an understanding of the operational impacts and requirements of Human Resources.
- Ideally, 2 - 3 years' experience supporting human resources systems or similar solutions.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications is preferred.
- Understanding of database logic, coding and design is preferred.
- Comfortable with coordinating and collaborating with inter-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to influence individuals not directly under their control.
- Ability to stay organized and manage time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to manage a range of complex projects and business initiatives.
- Advanced skills in relation to Word, PowerPoint and Excel and MS Project, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and problem solving skills
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, equity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- Valid U.S. driver's license.
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course (within 15 days of hire) and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPAA guidelines.
- All new employees must complete the FERPA, Anti-Harassment, and any other required online trainings within 15 days of employment.
- Must adhere to University COVID-19 testing, symptom tracking and all other COVID protocols established by the University.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University is a smoke and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at [email protected] or call 413-565-1168.