Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228286
Required Qualifications Ph.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to use sound judgement and work independently
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesResponsibilities A training position designed to carry out advanced independent research to achieve the objectives of the research project, ensuring consistency with established methodological approaches and models, adherence to project timelines and completeness of documentation. Participate in research data collection and analysis; develop and evaluate new research techniques and procedures; conduct studies of related literature; write and publish articles in scientific journals. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines.
- Analyze results of experiments and procedures using manual or computer techniques and, if necessary, develop special computer programs to facilitate analysis. Teach and participate in complex bacteriological, chemical and/or radio-chemical qualitative and quantitative analysis, macro- and micro-serological, histologic and cell culture procedures.
- Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature; summarize and evaluate findings; develop derivative applications of techniques developed by own research activities or reported by other research projects. Presents findings at scientific meetings locally, nationally and internationally
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; review articles prepared by others.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of students, graduate assistants and other research personnel engaged in research activities and/or related laboratory work. Advise principal investigators, other postdocs, students and other research personnel on research techniques, procedures and other technological aspects of research activities.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, repair and operate microscopes, computer-linked analytical equipment, dedicated computers and other complex scientific equipment; instruct others in operation of equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.PostDocStatement This position is being posted as a Postdoctoral position; however, dependent upon the selected candidate's education, training, experience and prior job performance, they may qualify for a Postdoctoral or Senior Postdoctoral level.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.