Culinary and Food Services Attendant I (Student Union) (Barista)(Multiple positions)
Student Food ServiceDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Arizona Student Unions is looking for four Full-time Dining Services Attendant (Culinary and Food Services Attendant I) to join our Starbucks team. This position will be located at one of our two Starbucks locations on campus: The Main Bookstore location or the Main Library location. As a Dining Services Attendant. This position contributes to Starbucks/University of Arizona success by providing legendary customer service to all customers. This job creates the Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles. This position provides a variety of quality, nutritious and flavorful food and beverage to students, faculty, staff and guests. The Student Union Memorial Center is one of the largest student unions in the United States. At a size of 405,000 square feet, SUMC contains everything students need.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Upholds Starbucks standards of customer service and drink quality
- Prepares and serves espresso/coffee products and other products offered by Starbucks
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks and The University of Arizona.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment...
- Replenishes work station as needed and maintains a clean working environment
- Keeps work area clean and makes sure all temperatures are correct
- Sets up/closes espresso bar, pastry case
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of food service production, service techniques, and standards
- Knowledge of sanitation and quality food service standard
- General knowledge of weights and measure
- Ability to effectively communicate
- High School Diploma required; OR Equivalent learning attained through experience required
- Frequently reaches, lifts, shakes, stirs, pours, carries, and pushes
- Occasionally be required to transport/move a minimum of 50 pounds
- Often stands for entire shift
- Previous customer service experience
- Experience operating commercial food service equipment
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
University OperationsBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
1Career Stream and Level:
Culinary & Food ServicesJob Function:
University OperationsType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
4Target Hire Date:
7/5/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
6/2/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.