Community Outreach Professional II
Sch Geography, Dev & EnvironDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The UA Community and School Garden Program (CSGP) Program Coordinator (PC) position (Community Outreach Professional II) will work to connect designated low-income schools in the Tucson Unified School District to the CSGP through nutrition, culinary, and food literacy. This position will connect K-12 core curriculum standards to lessons as well as mentor university student interns to assist in delivering this content.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and schedule program work plan in accordance with specifications and funding limitations; oversees daily operations and coordinates activities of program; determines priorities.
- Coordinate activities of program with interrelated activities of other related programs or staff to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies, procedures and specifications.
- Prepare periodic reports, financial statements and records on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management or outside agencies.
- Monitor program expenditures ensuring that budget allocations are not over- or under-spent.
- Evaluate program effectiveness to develop improved methods as needed.
- Recruit program participants, members and volunteers utilizing most appropriate methods, such as brochures or presentations at meetings.
- Develop and facilitate workshops or meetings; coordinates logistics, scheduling and participant communications.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Studies or related field or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Outreach and Community EngagementBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
6Career Stream and Level:
Cmty OutreachJob Function:
Outreach & Community EngageType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
6/2/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.