Sponsored Projects Administrator
Spon Projs & Contrg SvcsDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
Sponsored Projects & Contracting Services at the University of Arizona is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Sponsored Projects Administrator. The successful candidate will serve as part of our Subaward Services team that is dedicated to the overall support of outgoing subawards.
Subaward Services develops and supports outgoing subawards to subrecipients by assuring the timely, complete and accurate analysis, issuance, negotiation, execution and tracking of subawards utilizing appropriate procedures and expertise in subaward regulations and principles.
The ideal candidate for this position will model the highest degree of professionalism as demonstrated in their work ethic and interpersonal engagement with subaward stakeholders. They will be a self-starter who takes initiative to master new skills and content areas in order to continually improve in the position. The ability to accurately handle a high volume of administrative and accounting duties is essential. We are looking for someone who can do well in a team environment, communicate effectively and work independently on assigned tasks.
Sponsored Projects & Contracting Services (SPCS), a unit of Research, Innovation & Impact (RII), assists the University of Arizona research community in its efforts to secure external funding by providing high quality administrative, contracting and financial services to ensure proper stewardship of those funds and to minimize the risk to university resources.
Our mission is to support and enhance the University’s reputation while working to achieve strategic goals with broad services in the following areas: Proposal Development and Submission, Contracting, Postaward Management and Administrative Guidance.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage workload to ensure that all subawards are initiated and processed in a timely manner.
- Maintains a database to communicate the status of subawards and amendments.
- Ensure compliance with specific financial terms and conditions outlined in award documents as well as conformity with Federal Uniform Guidance (2CFR200) and University policies.
- Maintain knowledge of current developments in policy, laws, regulations and best practices regulating university agreements.
- Evaluate activity of sponsored account to ensure compliance with specifications by both University participants and sponsor.
- Perform risk assessments on all outgoing subawards agencies to determine what level of oversight is needed in the management of the subaward.
- Develops personal and professional credibility, gains respect, and builds confidence throughout organization.
- Provide proactive as well as problem-solving services to the customer base in an independent manner.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills, along with the ability to work within tight and conflicting deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of PC applications, including spreadsheets, word processing, internet file upload, PDF forms, and e-mail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be detailed oriented.
- High level of interpersonal skills and collaborative skills, along with the ability to interact effectively with all stakeholders.
- Familiarity with common contractual terms and issues related to contracting in higher education.
- Ability to respond positively and proactively to change.
- High level of analytical ability.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to proposal, grants, and contracts administration.
- Knowledge of accounting and budgetary principles, practices and procedures.
- Skill in applying accounting and financial management practices and principles.
- Skill in financial analysis and decision-making.
- Federal regulations require that the incumbent be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident to be ITAR/EAR compliant.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- Up to 1 year of relevant work experience required.
- Experience with UA Financial Systems and UA Research Systems.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
6Career Stream and Level:
Grant & Contract AdminJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
6/3/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.