Limited Term Adjunct Lecturer, McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship
McGuire Ctr - EntrepreneurshipDepartment Website Link:
1130 E. Helen St., #202, McClelland Hall, U of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721 USAPosition Highlights:
The McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Arizona, Eller College of Management invites applications from qualified candidates for non-tenure track Adjunct Lecturer positions. The successful candidates will teach face-to-face, hybrid, and or online courses (as needed) at our campus in Tucson, AZ. Candidates must demonstrate an established record of engaged teaching and/or facilitation.
Initial instruction will be limited to the Fall 2021 semester. Successful candidates may be invited to teach during future terms depending on the needs of the McGuire Center and Eller College of Management.The University of Arizona is a diverse, student-centered Research I university that highly values scholarship cutting across traditional disciplinary boundaries.The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
• Teach up to two sections of ENTR courses; ENTR 485 and/or other ENTR courses.
• Instruct graduate or undergraduate students in field of expertise.
• Plan lectures and assignments.
• Grade assignments and exams based upon performance on class assignments and exams.
• Attend McGuire Center or faculty meetings as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A Master’s degree in Entrepreneurship, Business, or a related field.
• Experience teaching at the college/university level.
• PhD in a related field.
• Demonstrated application of experiential pedagogy.
• Demonstrated record of leadership in research and service in his/her academic discipline.
• Experience integrating research in entrepreneurship/innovation or related fields into the curriculum.Rank :
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
No BenefitsRate of Pay:
Per CourseType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
2Target Hire Date:
8/1/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
J. William Peck
Business Manager, Sr.
6/3/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.