Administrative Operations Professional II
OtolaryngologyDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
1501 N Campbell Ave., Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The position will work closely with the Department chair, Vice Chair, Residency Program Manager, and staff managing the day-to-day operations of the department. The position is responsible for training, developing and providing support to department staff, as well as serve as the department liaison to the college human resources department. The position will be responsible in providing financial support by creating and managing department budgets, grant management and reviewing and approving department transactions in UA systems.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the review, approval and reporting of all expenditures; coordination of space and facilities; design and implementation of financial and operating system for the department.
- Responsible for preparing annual department All Funds Budget (College of Medicine and University Budget Office).
- Responsible for managing Federal, Sate and Industry sponsored grants (Ex.RO1, R21) of $1M-$5M; providing detailed monthly expenditure reports to the P.I., Co-P. I. and Department Chair to ensure alignment with contract budget and scope of work as determined by the sponsor.
- Provide guidance regarding interpretation and implementation of state, federal, university, and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides training, direction and instruction to staff and conducts annual career conversations with UA staff. Train, coach, and mentor team members, including weekly one-on-ones.
- Support new faculty/PIs and staff with personal and laboratory moves in accordance to policies and procedures. For terminating PI's, will manage the transition plan which can include transferring of grants and/or equipment.
- Coordinates with Department Chair and Department Administrator to establish policies and procedures that align with UAccess Systems. Implement appropriate internal controls and effective business practices for the department.
- Manage and provide administrative support for faculty recruitment efforts, including organizing visit schedules travel, lodging, and reimbursement for candidates.
- Collaborates with Residency Program Manager to oversee daily operations in residency program.
- Manage DCC employees records, maintaining and updating DCC status in the UAccess Employee system.
- Manage effort/funding distributions for UA and Banner faculty, prepare adjustments as needed.
- Serves as the time-approver for department faculty and staff.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving P-card transactions in a timely manner.
- Provide oversight for UA inventory and records retention (archiving) process for the department.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
* Master's degree in related field of study. * Forecasting, Budgeting, Finance and/or Accounting Experience.* Grant Management- minimum 2 years - Federal, non-Federal, Industry Sponsors. * Adept at working with diverse populations and able to communicate effectively with different levels of technical and professional expertise.* Self-directed and self-motivated with attention to detail.* Microsoft Office- Proficient in Excel. * Excellent oral and written communication.* Management/Supervisory experience in a clinical department or healthcare-related setting. * Finance background in Higher Education and/or clinical department.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$47,048 - $62,000Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
8Career Stream and Level:
Administrative OperationsJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
7/1/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Mauro Oliveros | [email protected]Open Date:
6/2/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.