Senior Lecturer or Lecturer, McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship
McGuire Ctr - EntrepreneurshipDepartment Website Link:
1130 E. Helen St., #202, McClelland Hall, U of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721 USAPosition Highlights:
As Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, your primary commitment is teaching in the Entrepreneurship and Innovation (EI) program - the capstone for the Eller undergraduate business major. In this capacity you will initially serve as Instructor of Record; mentor student projects in your sections; and supervise and review the work of any teaching assistants or mentors as assigned. You will work closely and collaboratively with the McGuire Center Director to enhance the content and delivery of the course with the objective of establishing an effective, efficient model for teaching innovation and entrepreneurship at a high standard.
Service related component: This may include the design and development of new courses at the undergraduate or graduate levels; committee work; or other assistance to the Center as agreed between you and the Director.
The faculty member will teach courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels and contribute to mentoring students, including those from underrepresented backgrounds. The faculty member will also participate in outreach and contribute to departmental, college, and university service. In these and other ways, the faculty member will help to develop innovative approaches to enhancing student engagement, increasing diversity, and expanding collaborations with community and business partners.This career-track appointment is not eligible for tenure.
Desired Start Date Fall 2021 with the possibility for negotiation
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here http://talent.arizona.edu/
* Teach six(6) Entrepreneurial courses, or equivalent, per academic year. These courseswill be at both the graduate and undergraduate levels, including main campusand online campus delivery.
* Participatein service responsibilities at the department, college and/or university level.
* Additional duties may be assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualifications for Lecturer:
* PhD in a business related field prior to the start date in AACSB/EQUIS or AMBA accredited.
* Minimum one year of university teaching experience in Business or related field.
* Entrepreneurial experience.
* ABD with close date of completion may apply.
* Active research agenda.
Additional Qualifications for Senior Lecturer:
* Six or more years of university teaching experience in Business or related field.
* Demonstrated excellence in teaching, evidenced by evaluations or teaching awards.
* Experience in curriculum development.
To be DeterminedTenure Information:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$80,000.00 - $90,000.00Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
2Target Hire Date:
7/30/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
J. William Peck
Business Manager, Senior
6/3/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and Two Additional DocumentsSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
• Applications must be submitted through talent.arizona.edu.
• Documents required to be submitted are: (1) a Cover Letter, (2) Curriculum Vitae (CV), (3) In the Additional document slot: a statement of teaching philosophy, and (4) In the Additional Document slot: Teaching Evaluations.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.