Financial Aid Processor
Job location: Tampa Education Center
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-17
Job Description SummaryThe Financial Aid Processor will be responsible for performing application review, determining eligibility and awarding student financial aid, fund disbursement, and federal and state aid program administration and reconciliation. The Financial Aid Processor will focus on areas of expertise as assigned and will report to a financial aid manager.Job Description
- Perform application review and determination of student eligibility to prepare file for student aid awarding. Application review includes:
- Verification: verify accuracy of data and make corrections as needed
- Federal database (C-code) resolution
- Identify/resolve conflicting information by collecting additional data
- Review financial aid history
- Evaluate satisfactory academic progress status
- Review exception reports and make corrections as needed to ensure appropriate financial aid eligibility
- Perform student awarding and disbursement following federal, state and institutional guidelines.
- Communicate with students when necessary to resolve processing issues via the Financial Aid Help Desk system.
- Perform federal aid processing including origination and disbursement reporting, error resolution and monthly reconciliation.
- Perform state aid processing including determining eligibility, awarding, reporting and reconciliation.
- Perform financial aid recalculation/revisions related to attendance, enrollment change, special circumstance appeal, satisfactory academic progress appeal, post-screening reason code eligibility changes, additional sources of aid, over award, and over payment.
- Maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials
- Participate in special events, evening, and weekend work as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure successful achievement of department goals.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Experience in financial aid, preferred.
Demonstrate competencies to work in technology driven operation.
Demonstrate success working with students or customers in a service-oriented environment.
- Analytical skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills and student-centered customer service orientation.
- Critical thinking
- Detail oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Work successfully with cross-functional teams
- Ability to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions
- Ability to multi-task daily
- Ability to produce a high volume of quality work, timely and accurately
- Must be able to work in a collegial and collaborative manner within a team environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period