Veterans Certification Specialist
Job location: Remote
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-02
Job Description SummaryResponsible for administering federally sponsored Veteran’s Administration Educational Benefits (including eligible dependents) and Vocational Rehabilitation programs for University College, Adult Education Programs, and Campus/Online Graduate programs. This position will act as a point of contact for questions regarding policies and procedures from the center. Responsible for training Enrollment Certification Coordinator and assisting with training needs for the VCOs at the centers.Job Description
- Process new student VA applications
- Ensure that the certification process is accomplished by compliance with the “Handbook for Certifying Officials.
- Certify student enrollments through VAOnce every fifteen weeks and/or eight weeks as required.
- Maintain and update excel spreadsheet of all veterans.
- Review status of VA students that are enrolled during the semester/term weekly for any withdrawals, or drop/adds.
- Submit change of status information through VAOnce for veteran students as necessary.
- Respond to all inquiries regarding veteran’s educational benefits for those veteran students.
- Troubleshoot payment issues for veteran students.
- Act as a first line of contact for the center employees, which includes answering questions and explaining policy regarding VA policies and procedures as well as Saint Leo policies and procedures.
- Recommend training initiatives for centers.
- Oversee training and development of Certification Coordinator on VA policies and procedures.
- Notify centers of recent PURS that require changes to VAOnce.
- Research debt letters and make recommendations for resolution.
- Offer support for student veterans in filling out and filing needed paperwork.
- Attend training seminars and conferences to stay current on VA policies and procedures.
- Assist with Veterans Day planning.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Participate and contribute to the success of official events, including, but not limited to commencement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period